Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently acquired a 93 L 4 door sedan parts car, and have removed what I need for my (2) 94 sedans, so here it is for a-l forum members. I will have it for 60 days max - then it's off to the crusher. It's a 93 L sedan, black on black (cloth interior), AT, 153K miles. Exterior paint code is NH-503P, and interior is Type A. The good and the bad is as follows:

The Bad:
AT - auto trans is shot;
RF fender is damaged behind the wheel;
RR door has damage;
ABS light is on - if I get time I will pull the code(s) and determine what the problem area is - also, if I get time I will test the pump and bleed it - maybe I can easily solve the lite problem - but this is low, low priority.
Has an aftermarket radio which is not for sale, BOSE radio is gone;
Front bumper cover is slightly damaged;
It still has the original TB & WP!!;
It has some kind of half baked aftermarket security system (Alpine) installed and it's not working properly - the remote is missing for now - I'm hoping the guy I bought this from can find it. It seems to be half working, and is interfering with my attempts to start the car. Sometimes I can start it, sometimes the security system prevents it from starting. Anyone know how to disable these things or put them in valet mode? Security system problem now solved.

The Good:
Pretty good overall shape - minimal damage inside and out, some rust;
No tears in the interior cloth;
Engine runs well - however, I did notice low coolant (filled it), surges in idle, and temp gauge rise above 1/2 way (which is not normal). I see no evidence of BHG in radiator or jug. I don't know yet how good or how bad this engine is, but it does start and runs pretty well. The increase in temp I saw in the one engine idle test performed may simply be the result of the fans not coming on - they should have, I believe.

Already Removed: (I will update this list as items are sold)
These items are gone:
4 Tires and wheels;
Almost new rear rotors, pads, calipers, caliper brackets;
(but, used rear rotors, calipers, & brackets swapped back in from my 94 are available);
Rear console section;
LF fender;
Trunk center carpeting;
gas tank door;
clear corners;
interior gas door release lever, bracket, trim;
Glovebox;
Under glovebox trim;
driver's power mirror;
Front door speaker grilles;
L & R front kickpanels;

Other odds and ends -
I'm in northern CT, between Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA. Local buyers and local pickup is preferred, with cash payment.
At this time, I will not sell anything that will prevent me from starting and running the engine. I will not yet sell any engine parts. I'm going to try to determine how good this engine is.
I will not ship large items - all large items will be local pickup only.
You can send payment via Paypal if you wish.
You will not find pictures here - plenty of pictures are available - just send me your email address via a PM, and I'll send you pics.

That's it for now - let me know if I have something you need !!!

Ken

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working with Colin - legend6speed right now on a package of interior parts.
Bob - crew62 - you are next.

Thx, Ken

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
If you can do better than 30.00 shipped and have a center console that is black I will take it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how is the dash? does it have any cracks? how much?
It will be a while before I get to the point of removing the dash, if at all. The dash is fine, except for a 3/4 inch crack below the pass air bag. Pics are available - PM me your email address and I'll send them. Also, if interested, please let me know exactly what you want included with the "dash" - bare with nothing, or do you want items left on? Thx, Ken

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If you can do better than 30.00 shipped and have a center console that is black I will take it.
I am working with a local buyer who is interested in a package deal on the full interior. I will know more after he sees the car this weekend. I will let you know either way. Please let me know a few things - shipped to what zip; and when you say "console" what do you mean - just the section from the seam at the shifter and rearward? But, If you already have one lined up for $30 shipped, that may be the best way to go. Thx, Ken

Telion - console is still available. If you could provide more info requested above, and you are still interested, I will give you a price. Thx, Ken

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you have a steering wheel with a good airbag that is available?
I still need to roll this car around on my driveway, so I'm not quite ready to pull off the steering wheel yet. Probably will be available in about 30 days.

The airbag(s) is a local pickup item only, as it's regarded as explosive and/or hazardous by all carriers, and therefore requires special and expensive handlling, to ship properly. Ordinary folk like me are not equipped to ship these kinds of items. I guess some might be willing to ship these things in a "plain brown box", but if something happens, the seller is both responsible and accountable. At least that's how I understand the restrictions regarding the shipping of airbags...

Sorry I could not be of more help.

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
Dibs on Front Door Black Speaker Grilles, PM me quality pics of both and you'll almost definitely have a deal

Also I see your close, but I cant get up there this weekend unfortunately. Throw em in a bubble-wrap envelope and throw it in the mail if possible.

-prominance1-

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Sorry for not seing this sooner Ken, I could still use it from the look of things. I will PM you

I am working with a local buyer who is interested in a package deal on the full interior. I will know more after he sees the car this weekend. I will let you know either way. Please let me know a few things - shipped to what zip; and when you say "console" what do you mean - just the section from the seam at the shifter and rearward? But, If you already have one lined up for $30 shipped, that may be the best way to go. Thx, Ken

Telion - console is still available. If you could provide more info requested above, and you are still interested, I will give you a price. Thx, Ken

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dibs on Front Door Black Speaker Grilles, PM me quality pics of both and you'll almost definitely have a deal

Also I see your close, but I cant get up there this weekend unfortunately. Throw em in a bubble-wrap envelope and throw it in the mail if possible.

-prominance1-
I do not see any way to send pics via PM. I am not posting pics in photobucket and elsewhere. Please send me your email address and I will send you pics. Also, in your PM let me know how to properly remove these - I have never taken them off before. Thx, Ken

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updates ...

Prominance1 - you have email with pics and PM.

Telion - you have earlier PM, and I now have pics ready to send you. Please send PM with email address.

Thx, Ken

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you still have an EACValve, drivers side window regulator, and driverside mirror?
Right now, I don't want to take any parts off a good running engine, as I'd rather sell it whole, so the valve off the parts car is not available now. I will check to see if I have a spare valve that I can offer up. Window regulator is available but I will not be able to get to it for 1-2 weeks. Mirror has been requested by a local buyer, but it has not been sold yet, so you are the next in the queue, if this local buyer does not follow through quickly. I will contact you via PM with more info. Thx, Ken

1 - 20 of 57 Posts