Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totalled my GS 6-speed; The dream is over. The link to the 300 pictures tell the story. I lost the rear end around a right-hand curve when the driver-side corner panel clipped a tree shattering the rear glass, which swung the front end around and hit another tree (25-30mph max) throwing glass all inside the car. Airbags deployed-blew my arm into the windshield. I attribute this catastrophe to a slow leak in the driver-side rear tire, wet conditions, and a $58 Patron tab (not necessarily in that order).

I JUST had a BRAND NEW GENUINE Honda clutch assembly AND flywheel DEALER-INSTALLED less than 1k miles ago ($3k+ and yes, I have the documentation). Timing-belt and waterpump services DEALER-PERFORMED, and on-time (ALL records available). Amaco/BP 93-octane fuel ONLY (with receipts). Mobil-1 5W-30 fully synthetic motor oil ONLY (with receipts). Genuine Honda oil filters ONLY (with receipts). Genuine Acura battery. K&N air filter (which is the only non-honda part on the car). You get the idea-it was my intention to drive this car well-over 300k miles.

It's a southern car, so there is NO RUST WHATSOEVER. Clean title. The interior is in IMMACULATE condition. I looked at more than 30 Legends before I settled on this one. The carpet, seats, door panels, all look like they're from a 2-5 year-old car. The only blemishes on the seats are from the crash. The BEAUTIFUL wheels look fine. The one may have taken a hit-I haven't yet had it checked.

There is now an oil leak from the crash (I'll know more once it's pulled), but it still starts right up and sounds fine. There are no suspicious noises/knocking.

I decided it's not worth me filing an insurance claim (just bought a BMW M5), so I'm parting it out.

The link to the 300 pics is Acura Legend pictures
Click on testimonials which links to my impecable ebay feedback.

I also have a few mpegs of the motor running which I will upload shortly.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether I should remove the windows/motors/regulators from the doors while I still have power? Any other advise/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Just Another Guy
555 Posts
Sorry for the loss.

-Ed

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Damn, sorry to see such a fine GS go down. Hope you weren't hurt seriously. PM sent re. parts.

·
Registered
358 Posts
damn i wish you weren't so far away i would be intrested in the seats. how much do you think shipping would be

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
May I have the Clutch Damper, Master Clutch Cylinder, Slave Clutch Cylinder, all the clutch lines and hoses, and the bracket that holds the fluid resevoir to the car, please? Oh, and also the Fuel Pressure Regulator? I can pay anytime you're ready. Just shoot me a price. Here's a pic showing the parts and where they hook in just in case you need it:

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
ohh maaan that sucks balls. man. that is a nice car. well im sure it was a nice nice car. looks like it was miiiinnnnnt!

all the wood in the car. i want :p

·
Registered
256 Posts
damn 3rd dibs on all of the wood. 100%

·
Registered
619 Posts
dibs on all 3 air vents! and dash!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts