Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after the vacuum box for a turbo legend and i am hoping that maybe some1 on here might stand a chance of getting me one. I have emailed every wrecking yard in New Zealand and not one even answered, and there wont be anything available over here so can someone come up with any ideas?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it is turbo specific. It has 2 vacuum lines that go to the turbo to help controll boost. That would be good if they have one but i havent found any parts in aus for it yet. but il take any sujestions, im plum out of ideas

·
Registered
364 Posts
ive never even checked out the junkyards where i live (and theres alot here...) but ill see if i can find a turbo legend although its doubtful.. your just ganna have to get lucky :nutkick:

·
Registered
156 Posts
does the turbo have a the duel inlet manifold? as i was just thinking that the 2 lines could just be the same as.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I bet the 2 lines are for the "wing" action. Maybe there's a way to rig a rpm switch to some vacuum servos for that, but I'm not sure. Or maybe you can set the vanes to a permanent position, or use a completely different turbo without the variable vanes. Just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bet the 2 lines are for the "wing" action. Maybe there's a way to rig a rpm switch to some vacuum servos for that, but I'm not sure. Or maybe you can set the vanes to a permanent position, or use a completely different turbo without the variable vanes. Just throwing out ideas.
that was my thought, so you could use the 3200 and 3800 speed switches in the ecu as is. also while i've beed playing i noted the oe map sensor reads up to 160kpa which is about 9psi

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
factory it runs 8.7 psi. yeh the 2 lines do controll wing angle and there is one contronned by the computer. I will use a different turbo eventually but i will also use a different motor but funds are a lot shorter than i had antisipated so im trying to get it running for as little more cost at the moment as i can. I dont think i have enough knowledge at this point to rig it to activate at a particular rpm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
what ecu are u using? if it the 2700 one there are 2 rpm depentant outputs. also an accel one (closes the fuel reg line for more pressure)

·
Registered
156 Posts
ah now i see your issue. so what information have you got on it?

i remember you saying a lot of the loom and wire colours were the same, so i'm guessing the ecu pin out would be almost the same, on the 2700 ecu there is only 1 pin which is not assign'd in my diagram. that is B5 (3rd in on the top row of the 20pin connector as you look at the ecu.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh basicly all the connectors to the sensors are the same with the same coloured wires and everything. except for one set going under the intake manifold that isnt on the wiring loom. I dont have any info on the c20at wiring and it didnt really ocure to me to check the N/A wiring diagram. Being the same wiring i think it will be the same on the pins. It should only be getting the turbo running that will be a problem. I finished everything today now i cant do anything till i get the vac box

·
Registered
156 Posts
can you trace where they go on the main engine connectors? then you could find out what they measure e.g switch or resistance etc... and how meny are there and what colours?

reason i ask is honda are good at using the same wire colour for say +5V and sensor ground etc.... so you could get an educated guess as to what they do under the manifold.

and with regard to the turbo vac box, i'll keep my eye out for one, but dont think the turbo ever made it over here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.