Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this could be? I just noticed it since I started using the heater this damn cold winter.. the passenger side fan has a loud choppy noise, sounds like you put a hockey card in your bike spokes.. its only on the passenger side, and when the fan is set to max, its louder and faster, sounds like its coming from under the glove box area, any ideas? Thanks in advance..

cheers

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its not leaves or sticks like others have said? i remember someone kicked it and it stopped making that noise for about 5 minutes.. not sure how that could happen if the brushes are worn out?

· Registered
4,086 Posts
mine makes a high pitched whine once and a while and i shut if off. Then once it made the sound you made ..shut it off..Trying to make it last through winter and i will take a look at the brushes..

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Could be sticks or leaves or it could be the brushes, or it could be the bearing in the fan. could be a million things.

Getting to the blower motor in these cars is a BIATCH. You gotta remove the entire driver's side dash panel, remove the cage assembly, then unbolt the blower motor.

A word of advice, get something for the floorboard when you remove the motor, there will be tons of dirt and crap inside, and you don't want it getting all over the floors of the car :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.