Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Has anyone put those non-slip pedal pads, or whatever, on their cars? And if so.... how in the world did you get them on there?

·
Registered
602 Posts
You mean the cheap pedals you can get from discount auto? They just screw on... they come with directions... a couple of my friends have them... I dont think they grip any better- maybe even a lil worse. Just for show. But hey, a lot of car mods are just for show.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, alright, thanks for the info

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put Ferrari pedals on my car. that is to say that I ordered them from a Ferrari distributor and they are made/licensed by Ferrari

They are black/red and match well with my Red ext/ tan leather black trim interior.

I'd say they are quite a bit more sticky than my old stock pedals and that includes when they are wet. My only intention for the pedals was to put them on because they looked good, the fact they stick more makes me happier.

I like 'em, what can I say.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sweet. how much did those cost you? Do they just go over your other pedals or replace them?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cost:: I don't remember. they werent exactly cheap but I can look for the work order if you want the distributor's name.

Application: the old pedal covers [that is to say, the rubber pads] are removed and my Ferrari pads were supposed to go right over the existing pedals with the help of tightening parts [a small rod parellel that rests behind you old hardware, the pedal and two screws that hold everything in place].
Only the gas pedal fit properly and I had to make some adjustments on the hardware kit to make 'em fit right. Adjustments needed because of the way the actual pedal 'levers' are made. the brake and clutch pedals have an arched back to them while the gas doesnt. . I suppose the only way for me to explain this further would be to take some pics of it...

again , the pedals look really cool. i'll try and get some pics of 'em to ya and you can decide if you are interested. just email me but give me a little time...:0

·
Registered
602 Posts
Pix would be nice. I'm not sure if it's really worth it to me though. The only ones I am really interested are the ones that light up. I bet those would be sweet. I think that other ones look kinda nice but sometimes bad. I bet yours look sweet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
if you get light up pedals get the neon lights put under your car too, then get black lights inside the ride.

heck, just get a rig from radio shack and plug in a disco ball or strobe light into your lighter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts