Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else with an intake could hear when different vacume operations happen. I can get almost a mini blow off valve some times. I hope this is normal and I am just being a bit over sensitive.

While I am at it. What vacume line do you use when you run a seafoam treatment?

Later!
Lee

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chinh_us said:
the big fat one that connects to your brake booster and has a plastic connecter midway. It's held on to a clip on the firewall and put very little at a time or you'll bog :]

dont know bout that intake thing
Thanks so much!

Now for the bad part.

What do you do if you used your vacume line right off of the intake? I said on the bottle it needed one that went into both cylinder heads. That vacume line goes straight to the back head and then to the front through the PCV valve. I hope I didn't do any damage. I will check the PCV valve tomorrow and use the proper vacume line. I new I needed to verrify here before I did anything, but I just went for it. Oh well now.

Later!
Lee

· Registered
638 Posts
first of all, most people say to run things through the brake booster, i think thats way too much suction for a liquid, maybe for a spray its fine, use a smaller hose to help regulate how much is sucked in better. you can also put a basketball pump pin on the hose and just submerge it and not have to worry. but in my opinion i would put it in a spray bottle and spray it in through the intake tube (pcv hose) so you can hit that throttle body with it too. you cant really suck straight liquid this way through because it may be too heavy and just fall down into the air box.

which way did you run it through the pcv line, did you make it so it flowed into the crankcase, or the other way into the intake tube

if you made it go into the crankcase then its just in the oil. same as pouring it through the oil cap.

i think what it ment by a vaccume that went into both heads means a line going into the intake manifold that would go in both heads air ways.

If you did run it into the pcv directly into the crankcase than its went straight into your oil and i think seafoam says your not supposed to drive more than 500 miles with the oil afterwards, it breaks down the viscosity while cleaning sludge.

theres a really neat way to run stuff through your engine, even while driving, ive seen people do it who have headlight wipers and sprayers most people dont even use, but you can do it with your windshield sprayers if your willing to give them up, just run the sprayer hose to a vaccume line and pour your liquid of choice into the resivor. Ive seen people do this as cheap water injection, if you do it right i hear you will get a compression increase, i advise against this cause if you do it wrong and your engine blows up just like running too much NOS.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
yea my intake sounds like that too....especaily when the butterflies open it sounds hell powerful.

i used the pcv line the one that leaves the H logo into the 2700 intake...and thats the best spot...it'll be fine.
because the butterflies all of the cylinders gets a chance....

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
OH yeah forgot to mention that! A long time ago I went to the 99 cents store and bought a regular old spray bottle and poured in a can and a half of seafoam (had one still lying around and bought a second). Now I can spray it where ever I need to on any of my cars. It works great!

Also for the PCV hose...it is supposed be sprayed into the Intake...lol if your car is running and you disconnect the PCV hose you'll definitely notice!! Its also been said on here before that Seafoam in the crankcase is useless and not recommended...i tend to agree with that...

· Registered
638 Posts
if you want to put somthing in the crank case just pour a cup of kerosene in, let the car idle for 5 minutes and change the oil. thats all the engine flush stuff in the store is.
it wont remove anything thats been stuck in there for years or anything.

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great info all! Thanks so much!

I do have the Short Ram Intake. I love the sound of it, but I just worry about how often I hear it whistle. Also if it whistles in neutral ~3k RPM it will hop up 500 RPM with no change in throttle position. Then when I change the throttle to get it back down to 3K it whistles again and drops to 2500 RPM. I notice that when I get around 3k RPM driving I hear this whistle too and it either causes a slight hesitation or is the end of a surge of energy.

I have seafoam in my oil already and I plan to change it this weekend, 500 miles. I also ran seafoam through a tank of gas. Tomorrow I will knock out the seafoam in the break booster line and get her fully done. Then all I have to do is switch back to 5w-30 and get som redline from my trans.

I am just glad I didn't mess anything up by using the wrong line.

Thanks again!

Later!
Lee

· Registered
2,038 Posts
hmmm as said the whistle is normal.
the hesistation COULD be from the fact the iat is seeing more air and trying to adjust
to the change.

did you reset the ecu??

i did in a way i wish i should'nt have because i'm not going through what you went through

· Registered
604 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
Great info all! Thanks so much!

I do have the Short Ram Intake. I love the sound of it, but I just worry about how often I hear it whistle. Also if it whistles in neutral ~3k RPM it will hop up 500 RPM with no change in throttle position. Then when I change the throttle to get it back down to 3K it whistles again and drops to 2500 RPM. I notice that when I get around 3k RPM driving I hear this whistle too and it either causes a slight hesitation or is the end of a surge of energy.
Lee
My intake whistles too, but hesitation?? I guess you can say that. Try ajusting the little scew right above the throttle body to let more air in. This will get rid of the whistle.

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2.7legend said:
hmmm as said the whistle is normal.
the hesistation COULD be from the fact the iat is seeing more air and trying to adjust
to the change.

did you reset the ecu??

i did in a way i wish i should'nt have because i'm not going through what you went through
I have not touched the ECU.
Later!
Lee

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
acuralegend_racer said:
My intake whistles too, but hesitation?? I guess you can say that. Try ajusting the little scew right above the throttle body to let more air in. This will get rid of the whistle.
That is one thing I do is adjust the idle adjustment. Once you clean your TB you have to adjust it to compensate for the trash that builds up. Right now I am running about 650 rpm at idle.
Later!
Lee

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2.7legend said:
try getting it to idle at 200rpm....thats neat
Try closing the screw all the way and still being at 600RPM!

I ran the seafoam through the small black hose on the top of the brake booster. It is really hard to feed it into that small line. I have an idea that I will test out. She finally smoked. I waited about 20 minutes and it was still smoking. I reved it to 3K RPM and the cloud came out. After just a few minutes of that the exhaust was all clear. Now I just have to wait until the morning and see if the ticking has imporved. I did spill quite a bit so I might run it again. Now I get to run the whole treatment on my mothers 300M. I hope it takes care of that sticking injector.

Later!
Lee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.