Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Piaa Super Plats 9006 51W bulbs. After seeing a couple of post on Philips bulbs (I work for Philips :) ) and sense they are so cheap $12 or $14 at K-Mart I decided to compare the bulbs. 65W 9005 conversion vs 51w 9006.

Well they are about the same brightness. The Piaa bulbs seem to be a bit cooler temp. But $14 vs $70 I would say definetly go with the Philips. Now Piaa 9005 bulbs would probably be much better. So if your going to spend the money due to 9005/9006 conversion with the Piaa.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi KYLegend, a Q for ya....

Ok these PIAA Super Plats say 55W = 110 W so r these 55W or r they 110 W ?

The reason I ask is coz I dont wanna melt any wiring harnesses

Thanks

Another Q

Nokya Artic Blue, they r very pretty, whats their real wattage tho, Ive gotten conflicting info about this, anyone please ????

[hey Im an HID man now, but used to have those Nokyas & recommended em to my buddy,. dont wanna get him in trouble]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok these PIAA Super Plats say 55W = 110 W so r these 55W or r they 110 W ?
Actual power consumption is 55w but they say they put out 110w worth of light. Seems like they sould measure the light output with something like cd/m^2, so you have a solid reference number!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
KetunkyLegend, you said you compared the brightness of piaa and philips. But did you actually compare the light output. Just because a bulb is bright, it doesn't mean it can put out a lot of light on the road. In my experience with piaa, they weren't as bright or white as other bulbs, but they do put out a very good amount of usable light onto the road, way better than a lot of other bulbs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried but my light meter would not range that high. I have access to a Minolta meter. I will get it and measure and take some pics.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
A technical correction here: Light output is measured in footcandles, candlepower or lumens. Not watts. Kinda makes you wonder about lighting companies who don't know how to correctly rate theire product.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Anyone about Nokyas ????

How much wattage ?

Any melted harnesses ?

I had Nokyas on for a while. They r the best IMHO. I wanna recommend em to my friend, but need to know if theyre good with the wattage thingy....

Thanks

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I don't know who it was, but somehwere on the internet I came accross a backyard DIY test where they measured light output. What they did was use a white board set up a certain distance and measured the amount of light that was being refelcted off the white board. Given all things equal, more light would mean more refected light right? Anyway, off all the same wattage 9006 bulbs, the standard OEM ones that had no tint in the glass always had a higher reading that any aftermarket bulb that had a tinted glass.

·
Registered
701 Posts
80W or 65W

Ok I got info from two different sites

The Nokya Arctic Whites r 65 W for 9005

Also another site listed Nokyas as 80 W for 9005

Which one's right ?

The Arctic Whites have a bluish tint right ? Or r the bluish ones different Nokyas ?

Help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.