Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: hhmm

CODY690 said:
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh its amazing. How mcuh was the paint job if u dont mind me asking. im sure its more than most cars but tell me anyways its awsome. good work man see ya. one other question what did u dyno at and with what mods?? thanks

--cody
Thanks a lot for the compliments.

Well, I spend around 13k for the paint job. As for the dyno result, I just posted my dyno results on this link:
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1112

So, I suppose your name is Cody right? nice to know you, and hope to see you around on the next meeting or show.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SammyD said:
Sweet pics! As always your stylin' and profilin' Alex! How have you been? I might need your assistance in early March to help me put in a intake, so is it ok to give you a buzz on the celly and well meet up?
Thanks again as always! hahahha!!!!!!!!, and anytime Sammy, as long as I'm still an unemployed slackers here, you can always call me, and I can install an intake for you with no problem. And March is good, because now my car is in an audio shop, so I'm out of my car for now. I have no transportation for now, hehehhee........, but it will be back by the end of this months. My cell number is still the same. Damn, I just wished I had your phone, can I? hauhauhuaha!!!!!!!!!:D

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
92legend said:
Awesome legend dude. Glad you are on the forums. I remember asking if "The guy with the Chameleon Legend" is on the forums a while back and they said you weren't so I'm excited you are here. I have loved your car for a long time now...Awesome pics man....Your drop looks so perfect.
I'm excited too for being here, much more traffic than the old one, and I'm kinda wondering a while ago why the old forum is very slow on traffic. No wonder, because everyone else is jumping here, hehehee...........

That's why you need coilover, so you can drop the car to whatever you want. I'm glad I got the Ground Control at the first place, eventhough the quality and the engineering of their product is not the greatest, but it's OK.

And thank you again for the props. I always like the legend sedan too you know. I just get this coupe because at that time I can't afford a 94-95 GS 6-speed, so I have to settle with the old 93 LS Coupe, but I'm happy too now.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
Alex...the car is awesome as usual!
Will you be at NOPI again this year?
Also, will you line up with us this time?;)
If nothing else happened, YES!, definitely I will be at NOPI again. But remember, now I'm jobless, so I can go to whatever show I want, but after I get a job, hopefully I can get a long vacation for NOPI. And yes, I will line up with you all right now, feel so lonely out there alone, but I have my brother with me last time though.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SpeedDemon said:
In those pics that you have above how much did you set the GC's to drop? I love your legend dude. I'm in the process of buying some new suspension for my car, trying to decide what to get, but spring wise I'm trying to decide between the H&R's and the Eibach's... Glad to see you posting some pics of your legend!! :)
Before I got my GC, that's exactly the same problem that I have. I don't know if I would be satisfied with the drop of Eibach and H&R, so I got the GC. If you're too concerned about the looks of your car, then get the GC, so you can adjust the ride height. My car is lowered about 1.7-2" all around, I don't know for sure, because I never really measure it.

Well, I post it here, because it has the official gallery section. I don't want to clutter the bandwidth of a forums with unnecessary postings. Just trying to be a good citizens here! hehehhee.......:D

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Avarice said:
Nice pics Alex! The color of your coupe is simply amazing. I remember following you down the hill at the Bear Mountain meet and seeing it changing colors made me think I was high! haha

BTW: what kinda bimmer does ur gf drive?

-jon
Hehhee.........., same here, the first time my car got painted like that, I couldn't believe my own eyes, looks soooo intoxicating, hehehhee............., and I still remember the first time it got painted still without the clear coat. It has a nice muted, not shiny color change, but looked really nice.

My GF's bimmer is 97 528i, Jet Black with Tan leather, auto, premium package, heated seats, heated steering wheel. The upgrades on that car are: OEM BMW Xenon headlights, Front and side clear, 2001 Red/clear lights (not on the pic), BMW OEM Bodykit all-around, H&R Sport Springs, 17" BMW M Parallel 66M, and I just add a JL Audio 10W0 sub.

Future upgares that's already on hand is 540 sport shocks and front 540 brake upgrade. Damn, those 540 brakes are massive, 324mm or 12.76". I actually would love to go to the M5 brakes of 13.5", but can't find one, hehehee.........

This is some more of her car's pictures:

I just sometimes hopes that she bought the 540 6-speed, hauhauhaa!!!!!!!!, but this is a nice car already, and suit her better. :D :D :D

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
SpeedDemon said:
So now the question that we are all wondering, which is faster (BMW or Legend)? Which is more fun to drive? Which corners better? Gives us the 411 :D
OK, this is my opinion.

Which one is faster?
My legend is definitely faster, the bimmer only had 190hp, and it has auto trans, so it will be slower, but in day to day driving condition, you won't notice it that much. The powerband is very smooth, and accelerate quite nicely. If you want a fast one, get at least the 540 with 6-speed trans. It will do 0-60 in about 5.5 sec.

More fun to drive?
This is hard. Handlingwise, the bimmer blows my legend away. It corners better, much more agile than my legend, and it is rear wheel drive. The bimmer is more tossable than my legend, and didn't feel as heavy as the legend.

But why I still love the legend???
Because IT'S MY CAR!!!!!!!! hauhauah!!!!!!!!!, and the car itself is very nicely styled, and with the color and all the exterior mods, it is truly a neck breaker.

But, if I'm gonna have to buy another car, I will definitely buy a nice 540 6 speed, or maybe an M5. You can ask Nick about this!, because his dad owns a 540 6 speed, hehehee........:D

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
Wow..... That is the craziest paintjob I have ever seen on a legend, or on any car for that matter.... It looks sooo sweet:)
I am guessing it changes color as sun hits it and your viewing angle changes? The first time I ever saw a paint job like that was in TO. We were standing infront of my school and I saw a Formula Firebird coming up the street, gleeming purple. It was a pretty new car then, so I gawked at it. By the time it drove by me, it changed from a dark purple to a dark green. It blew me away... I had to look twice.

But it was nothing like yours..... Good job man... Beemer is sweet too:)

Cole
Hehhee..... thank you for the props. I've been to Toronto with my car once, and I stayed at the Westin near the lake over there if you know. Nice place.

Yes you're right, the color changed depends on the angle where you see it from. Lighting also influence it a bit, not that much though, but still plays a role on how the color reflects the lights.

So, do you think you're going to come to the big meet at Niagara Falls? because I might go there and meet with all of the others from Canada, although I cannot cross the border.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Wouldn't you rather get like an NSX over a M5, I mean the M5's are sweet, but common ;), for that price you can get a sweet ass NSX :D
Hehhee........ NSX is my other consideration too, but here is the problem with NSX. I still have my parents that might come and visit me here, so I need the luggage capacity and the room for them from the M5. But, that thought has proved me wrong, because they never came over here.

You know the reason why I bought my legend? exactly because of my parents. I need the backseat, and the trunkspace. If I didn't care about that, I already bought an NSX for sure. I loved NSX soooooo much. But look on the brighter side. I got a one of a kind legend, and it is a daily driven car, and I can drive it on whatever weather is out there. And, most importantly, because of the Acura Legend, I KNOW ALL OF YOU GREAT PEOPLE, right????:D :D :D

So, if I bought NSX on the first place, I won't know you all, damn what a shame! hehehehee....................

But yes, if I had the money NSX will be on my next list, and the M5 for sure. And I still have one more passion that I want. I would really love to get a hand on a very low mileage, showroom condition Acura Legend Coupe LS 6-speed 1994-95 Black on Black!, I know it's kinda impossible, bu who knows. And this car, I will keep it like that, no modification at all, all original.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
legendarith said:
Personally, the M5 on the top of my list *sigh*. One-piece headlights on alexander's car would look so sweeeeeeet... also matches is gf's bmw's one-piece headlights too. :)
Well, think about it this way, M5 is a very versatile car. Luxury, oh yeah, you got plenty of them, you can entertain your boss or peers with a lot of comfort and luxury. Power, yes, plenty of them too, 400 ponies under the hood, 0-60 in 4.7 sec. And I can have a lot of luggage too, and transport 5 people comfortably, what more can you want from a car right???? I know that you won't beat Porsche in the corners, but hey.........., you beat Porsche already in many aspects, hehehee.......

Darith, look closely, my car don't have the one piece headlights. I just had the European Clear Corners. I don't want to go to JDM one-piece, because it used H4H bulb, so I cannot have my HID lke now, but maybe later if other manufacturers already had H4 HID conversion correctly done, I might buy the JDM one-piece headlight.

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Triton3K said:

That makes two slackers here and i'm looking for a job soon. Just kinda lazy to do it though. I still have my part time job but I dont get paid as much as I use to.

Hey Alex give me your car bro. Be nice to me. :D :D
Trade with your life??? :D :D :D, if you say yes, you have a deal, I can always use an additional life as a spare! hahhahahah!!!!!!

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hahhaha............ wanna continue on with this? hahaha......., and then you will ban me from the forums, hhehhee......

Well, if nothing happens, yes, I will go to Carlisle and NOPI definitely, especially after my stereo system put on and finished. But I still have to shell out some money for the leather interior that my car need. Damn, money money money and more money........., and now I'm broke. Have a lot of debt, hehehee..............:D

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Triton3K said:

Try to catch me, its gonna take you awhile. Damm, I really do post too much. Gotta slow down some. NOT :D :D
The more the merrier, so DON'T EVER STOP! hauhauhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, keep up the spirit, but don't forget to drive and enjoy your car! hahhaha!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.