Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's got a little over 138,000. Got her for $3,500. She had been garaged for most of her life and fairly well maintained. After spending an entire day, washing, waxing, scrubbing, clay bar'ing. I have to say she looks pretty good, only thing left to do is clean the carpets.
Only issues appear to be the Acura emblem on the back is missing, the drivers seat is a little worn. Mechanically, knock on wood, it runs well appears to be down on power a bit so I may get new plugs and a tuneup. But overall I'm happy. It doesnt have any badging at the back like L or LS. So does that mean its the base model? Was leather available on the base model?

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
looks good..just gotta do something about that purple tint

and no, the L didn't have any badging....base model didn't either but base came with cloth and no sunroof

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It must be an L then the passenger seat isnt power.. As far as the tint its not peeling so its staying on the car. The flash on the camera made it look a little more purply than it does in real life.

This car is pretty good, automatics have come a long way since '93 though. The auto in this car is kind of a dog.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Sounds like you have your answer, but just FYI

type your Vin# into the Yahoo search engine and then click on the carfax link that appears, it will give you all your basic info on your car including trim level such as:

VIN JH4KA7670MC024224
Year/Make/Model: 1991 ACURA LEGEND LS
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine Type: 3.2L V6 PFI SOHC 24V
Manufactured In: JAPAN
Search Results: 16 records found in our database

Your car looks nice, but some outside pics when you get the chance...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Let that baby warm up then take her on the freeway for about 10min, then come back and let her idle for about 10 more min, Watch that temp gauge, and it shouldn't move

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It must be an L then the passenger seat isnt power.. As far as the tint its not peeling so its staying on the car. The flash on the camera made it look a little more purply than it does in real life.

This car is pretty good, automatics have come a long way since '93 though. The auto in this car is kind of a dog.
You might want to change the fluid. I have had two Legend autos and was always impressed at how well it shifted, nice and firm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.