Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here goes a couple of pics I took for people looking for brushed aluminum dash trim. What do you guys think? Car is dirty, but I should fix that today...

Mods:

Upper/Lower Grille w/ Chrome Trim
Chrome Bumper Light Trim
Weapon-R Dragon Intake
18" Chrome Enkeis in Pirelli P7000s
Red Painted Tails (They light red too!)
20/5% Tinted Windows
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Silver Reverse Indiglo Gauges
Intelligaurd 8000 w/ remote start, motion sensor and all that
Custom plates (2 TITE)
*New*
5.6" DVD (removed upon parking, so don't even think about it ;))
Billet Door Locks
Some other stuff Im forgetting...
*Coming Soon*
Chrome/Aluminum Shifter
Custom Gauge Bezel
(If possible) Custom Tail Lenses
PAINT
Spoiler

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
nice ...

very nice ... looks great ... i love the rims ... fits the sedan very well and the white gauges and aluminum trim look great together ...

oh yeah ... i think you meant to say under mods ... upper/lower grille ... instead of upper/loser grille ... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Car looks great man...A gold legend sedan in my town had 18 inch Enkei Waves like that...They look so good on the legend, especially when moving...Can you get a close up pic of your front lower mesh? It looks really good..Looks like it has an outlining on the edges of it, does it? Get me some pics:D Thanks..

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
car looks great. i just did my upper grille i was wondering how long did it take u to the bottom? and where did u get it from? lol if u have time how did u put it in?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Holly Fu<k! your car is hot! (sorry for being vulgar but Dam!!) very nice look. i love the accents inside too. sweet wheels. how do u like the DVD system? i was lookin at a pioneer screen. it isnt a dvd player, just the screen, but i'd get a dvd for it. Where is a good place to get 'em you know of any???

-bryan

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. My biggest problem at the moment is my PAINT! I flew to Texas to get this car and I didn't really notice the paint until I got all the way back to Seattle!

It is in "ok" condition, but it has tons of white scratches and swirl marks! These are not deep at all (cannot feel them with a finger nail etc), but I have no idea how to get them out! Cut/Buff my paint?

I also got hit on the freeway during heavy traffic. There is a dent in my left rear door panel (as pictured) but it isn't all that noticable; didnt even scratch the paint, just dented in.

As for my lower grille, I very carefully cut it out of the same gutter-mesh type material that I used for my upper grille. Its pretty tough to get it to fit correctly, but after about 3 tries I got one that fit good. Next problem is getting the f*cker to somehow stay on the car! I used clear epoxy for this but it has since turned yellow (dammit). Before expoxy I attempted to use very small staples in the stock horizontal slats, but they wouldnt even puncture the plastic... I also applied 3M chrome stripping to the outside to make it match my upper grille.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I would LOVE to drop my car, but I really cant... Its my daily driver and there are tons of speed bumps around here, including my very steep driveway. My friends Integra cant even make it up my driveway, let alone the longer wheelbase of the Legends...

I know it would look good, but my ride is pretty stiff with 18s right now! I would HATE to even IMAGINE what it would be like with a 2" drop... Im thinking of going with an Intruder kit to make my car look lower. I think my only other option would be air bags so I could raise and lower the car when I needed to...

G

·
You would be suprised how much at how little clearance you lose if you used like some H&R springs with Koni Shocks on the stock perch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone else have experience with a Koni/H&R setup? I need to be able to go over those "speed humps" (gigantic speed bump things) all the time... Im worried about it because the legend wheel base is very long... I also have a pretty steep driveway that lowered cars can't make it up. How much of a drop will I get if I'm on the stock perch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
hey shock3d!!!!!

how did you get chrome trim for your lower grille? most people do it for the upper one, but i have seen very few that are also on the lower. instructions????????????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.