Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup ya'll,

Got the idea in my head I would make a custom mesh grille for my car this weekend, and I got directions from legend.org.

It came out better than my wildest dreams! I just hope the gloss that I put on lasts. It's too bad my emblem is so oxidized though, how would I go about getting it replated or (cheaply) replaced? Any suggestions?

Anyway, here are the pics. Later!

http://members.home.net/jrm520/legend/meshgrille

Note: This URL will be unavailable after 2/28/02...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sweet. That looks really good, especially how you cut out the mesh around the emblem. I was to lazy to do that, and now wish that i did.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
wow, that looks real good. I plan on doing something like that to mines and painting one mesh black, one white, one blue and changing them up every once in awhile. Great job.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Wow, that looks very good!!!

I didn't even think about painting the mesh grille black!! That's a perfect idea. It looks like a GS grille or is it off a Coupe? My Gold emblem is slightly chipped in the front, looks like someone was trying to pry it off and messed up in the process so they ditched their attempt. How much would it cost for just the front emblem in gold by itself?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! This was my second big project on my car (the first being painted taillamps, see below), and I'm very happy the way it came out. It doesn't do it any justice to see it at night when the installed pic was taken, but I'm getting my clear corners and bumpers tomorrow, so I'll wait till then to take some daylight pics. Man I'm so psyched. BTW this is a 94 legend coupe LS, six speed. So does anyone have any ideas on where to find a new gold emblem for the front?

Here is a pic of my first project:
http://members.home.net/jrm520/legend/zoomout.jpg

Later,

J520

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
What Trims/Years came with the gold package?

On my 94GS I have the same emblems as you do. The top of the antenna is also gold colored I noticed, as is part of the muffler.

·
Registered
81 Posts
just go to your local acura dealer, if your lucky you can get just one, but at mine you have to buy a set, what I did was just buy a red emblem a from a local store . you could do that and it would look good on your red lgend

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks good.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts