Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my digital camera, so i took the following pics with my cell phone camera.

I just finished installing wood (A little lighter than most have, but i like it a lot) and I also just finished customizing my radio bezel to fit my Taurus/Saab cupholders/change drawer under my Double Din Alpine... ** I had to swap the Cupholders with the change drawer to get the cupholders to sit high enough. It worked out well... Drinks sit nice... The hard part was cutting out the ashtray and cigarette lighter to get it to fit it in there. A Dremel is a wonderful thing!! ;)

** Also in the second Pic, notice the placement of the infared eye for my Pac Swix which allows me to still use my dash radio controls to control the radio and CD Player...

Let me know what you think...

· Registered
310 Posts
very nice!! very very nice. Why didn't they come wiht cup holders, why in God's name no freaking cupholders?

I like your set up. The change organizer is a neat thing to have.

SUB

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
YUP Friggin sweet dude!!

My only thing (any this is JUST my opinion) Is the lightness of the wood...of course I am partial to dark colored woods so i still DO think it looks good!!

Like the Double DIN alpine too...whats the rest of your system consist of??

Again, great work dude!!

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind replys...

Yeah Sam, I was a little worried that i was not going to like the wood when it I first saw it, but it looks really nice in person. Especially with the beige interior... What I really liked about the wood was the price!! It's real wood and I got it delivered for $38 brand new!! I picked it up on E-bay and figured if it's real wood, and since it's brand new, it might be worth trying to win it at a decent price and maybe it will work out ok... Luckily, I ended up liking how it came out...

I know just about everyone prefers the burlwood, but i figured this shade is Ok since my sedan is an L anyway... ;)

· Registered
2,973 Posts
That looks fantastic ! You say you got the kit on ebay for $ 38 ! WOW. Is this one of the stick on kits.....because if it is you can't tell ! It's a perfect fit ! Great job........I wish I could do the cupholder mod......but my indash CD players are there in both my coupes ! Awesome job all around ! :):):).......

Man.....I went back to look at the pics again and just noticed how you put ACURA on the cupholder mod !!!!!!! Awesome !

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the positive comments!! :) I was hoping everybody did not think I was nuts for cutting out the ashtray and cigarette lighter to make room for this cupholder/change drawer...

I really like my Alpine and especially like the convenience of having a 3 cd changer in dash... I figured since I quit smoking years ago, I'd give this mod a shot... I am adding an additional 12 volt power source in the center armrest to make up for now "non existent" cigarette lighter...

And thank you to Chuckee98 and Body9599 for inspiring me to give this a shot... :bowdown:

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sam o nela said:
YUP Friggin sweet dude!!

My only thing (any this is JUST my opinion) Is the lightness of the wood...of course I am partial to dark colored woods so i still DO think it looks good!!

Like the Double DIN alpine too...whats the rest of your system consist of??

Again, great work dude!!
Thanks Sam!! Right now all I have done is replace the stock speakers with Kenwood speakers (the stock speakers sounded more like a Rice Krispies commercial), but I will be upgrading very soon!! Still decideing on a few things before I go for it...

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to add my new RCA connection to my Alpine Headunit

What do you guys think about this location? I own a very lightweight IAudio 5 MP3 player that I mount to one of my vents. I wanted a good spot to run the wire and keep it concealed when not in use...

Again, reduced to cell phone pics, so sorry about the quality... just wanted to know what you guys thought about the placement...

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
Hey if that works for you man (the only reason i say that is because I keep long crap in there and an MP3 player wouldnt fit in there in my car LOL!!!)...but also keep two more things in mind:

(1) It WILL get pretty hot in there with direct sunlight over a period of time

(2) and God forbid somet theives get into your car, the glove box, center console, and that dash compartment are going to be the first places they go through to see what you have...so dont leave you player in there ALWAYS take it with you...and keep maps and stupid ish in the center console between the seats and keep your glove box locked...that'll will sure piss off those theives :D

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sam o nela said:
Hey if that works for you man (the only reason i say that is because I keep long crap in there and an MP3 player wouldnt fit in there in my car LOL!!!)...but also keep two more things in mind:

(1) It WILL get pretty hot in there with direct sunlight over a period of time

(2) and God forbid somet theives get into your car, the glove box, center console, and that dash compartment are going to be the first places they go through to see what you have...so dont leave you player in there ALWAYS take it with you...and keep maps and stupid ish in the center console between the seats and keep your glove box locked...that'll will sure piss off those theives :D
LOL, I hear you Sam... I really only use that compartment for my Sunglasses... I never leave my MP3 player in there. That thing is almost always with me (running, the gym, in my laptop bag or temporarily hooked up in my ride)... I only needed to find a nice neat place to hide "the wire" for my MP3 to headunit hookup when I am not using it...

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks ND1980LS, I appreciate the comment...

Hey man, I think I know your coupes about as well as I know my own car!!! I just showed my wife pics of your rides last night!! Again!! She said if i promised to stop playing so much ball (4 softball teams this past summer!!) she wont hassle me about trying to get my hands on a coupe as well!! She really likes your 2 LS Coupes and Body's white LS a lot!! We have 4 kids and she still thinks I should have went for a coupe before i picked up my sedan!! I have to keep reminding her that I did not not know "jack" about Legends before I picked up my car, only that i have always liked them.... And I still love my Sedan as well... I hope I never sell it...

Once I'm done with my Sedan, it's off to my next project... Hopefully I'll find something close to what you have!! Great job on both of them ND1980LS!!

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Polarican90L said:
Thanks ND1980LS, I appreciate the comment...

Hey man, I think I know your coupes about as well as I know my own car!!! I just showed my wife pics of your rides last night!! Again!! She said if i promised to stop playing so much ball (4 softball teams this past summer!!) she wont hassle me about trying to get my hands on a coupe as well!! She really likes your 2 LS Coupes and Body's white LS a lot!! We have 4 kids and she still thinks I should have went for a coupe before i picked up my sedan!! I have to keep reminding her that I did not not know "jack" about Legends before I picked up my car, only that i have always liked them.... And I still love my Sedan as well... I hope I never sell it...

Once I'm done with my Sedan, it's off to my next project... Hopefully I'll find something close to what you have!! Great job on both of them ND1980LS!!
Polarican90L.......Thanks very much for the compliments. It's greatly appreciated and it's great to be a member of this forum where people feel the same way about a great car ! I've had my '90LS since day 1, the '89LS was a recent purchase ( and it rides as good as it looks ! ). Good luck on finding your Coupe......as I'm still poking around looking for another one myself.....
( RED '89LS/'90LS 5-speed ) ......:):):)...John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.