Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A Pinnacle of Performance
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been entertaining the idea of getting 4300k Hid's for a while now and just thought, Hey I'm on Forum with a shit-load of other Legend Owners, right? Where else can I get a better opinion about them.

So anyone and everyone that has some good shots saved of their 4300's installed on their Legends, or has time to take a few high-res shots them please post away! I'm looking for some pictures that show the true color of the 4300's as best as possible.

Thanks Guys, Looking forward to your pictures

-prominance1-

·
The Great White North
824 Posts
JDMs with 4300k Phillips HIDs
its just WHITE
no tinge of blue, just pure bright white
looks bad ass paired with the JDM fogs in the headlights

Attachments

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Hey I just saw you started this thread so here you go:

My 4300K looks white in the day....

And at night it has just the slightest hint of blue (it's more of a halo)...

On road shot...

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
jesus...those are sooo bright...but wonderful. I dare say I might go with 6k just to have less light intentionally haha. But I love the pure crystal white though, definitely top notch classy. Those Pics are great though, thanks Sam and Tw1st.

Anyone else? Something at a higher angle? Unfortunately a direct shot in the focal point of the light will make any camera display the insane output that I can see here.

Great looking lights though for sure, any appreciable color shift to mention?

And Sam, do you have your highs on too in Number 2?

Tw1st, I envy you for your A-Specs...great choice for your coupe'

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and did you follow that thought?

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
jesus...those are sooo bright...but wonderful. I dare say I might go with 6k just to have less light intentionally haha. But I love the pure crystal white though, definitely top notch classy. Those Pics are great though, thanks Sam and Tw1st.

Anyone else? Something at a higher angle? Unfortunately a direct shot in the focal point of the light will make any camera display the insane output that I can see here.

Great looking lights though for sure, any appreciable color shift to mention?

And Sam, do you have your highs on too in Number 2?

Tw1st, I envy you for your A-Specs...great choice for your coupe'
Yea poor choice of pics on my part, here are some better shots of the color...

Most accurate portrayal of "diamond white"...please excuse the unpolished lens! When my projector retrofit is done I'll buff the lens too...

I've had no color shift at ~300 hours of operation, although color shift can occur all the way up to 700 hrs so perhaps it will happen but I doubt it will shift too much (250K-300K perhaps, making it 4600K at most)

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I know that capturing Hids properly on a camera is a feat in itself, but not to discredit you, but would you say that your first picture in this most recent post is what they truely look like? They just seem ever so slightly tinted toward the realm of halogen color, but I'm very sure thats not the case in person. Your second picture looks really great though. Completely white is what I'm looking for, and like you said, I dont want to have the same old 6000k's I see on high school punks cars all over town. You say they have a very slight blue tint when your looking at them at night though?

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
+1 on capturing HID light on camera! It's not so much a consistent blue tint, but more of a halo. 2nd pic in post 1 shows the bluish halo best. They are predominantly white though and the halogen appearance is only on camera. Also, the further away the viewer is the bluer the 'halo' appears. Oh and FYI I don't have my brights on in any of the pics posted.

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No brights? DAYYUM! Those are bright as hell then. I bet you can see hella far with them. Ever have any regrets toward them i.e being too ridiculously bright if you see your car from a distance or anything else, or would you advocate them as the best way to go in such a situation

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Nope no regrets about them being too bright. I have them aimed way low. Look at the on road shot and where the height of the beam is on the chain link fence. Despite being aimed that low the light still has phenomenal reach. My biggest issue is scattering. In the same shot you'll notice the 'hot spot' right in front of the car, a relatively darker patch 10-15 feet out and another 'hot spot' after than and a darker patch to the left as well. This scattering (not as bad in real life as the pic shows) and wanting a nice sharp cut-off is why I'm going for a dual projector retrofit for my final HID setup. But I have no regrets about my current setup...just want to tweak it a little with the projectors!

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to hear my initial assumptions still stand true. Your setup looks great and if you have them aimed low and they shine that far, then shit, I can deal with the hot spots. Good luck with your projector retrofit can't wait to see some Pictures of the completed job! What projectors have you decided to go with, I heard mixed opinions about many different brands/types.

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
I'm going with Stanley's (TSX) for low beams and either Valeo (Crossfire), Hella (Touareg) or Koito (Lexus) for high beams. Prefer the Koitos as they are closest in look/size to the Stanley's but haven't made a final decision yet. Also high beams will remain halogen (for 'flashing').

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was about to mention the TSX ones, their brilliant aren't they? They're the best I've seen as far as a cutoff is concerned, which is what you're looking for fro the sound of it. So you're going to go with a halogen projector for the highs, interesting idea. Like I said, can''t wait to see the finished job, although I'm sure you're well aware of the magnitude of the task you're going to be undertaking. Best of Luck Sam

Cheers and Goodnight

-prominance1-

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to here it!

I've been wondering for quite a while and couldn't see why people avoided them. I think they look great from the pictures samblaze has provided as well as some youtubing. I'm going with them for the shear benefits they hold over 6000 and higher temperatures.

1) Brightest Output, hence most value for what you're paying

2) Realistically OEM in that TL's TSX etc. are 4300k stock w/ projectors (I think we'll be seeing a new retrofited Legend soon btw from Sam :thumbsup: )

3) You'll get a lot less negative interest from cops in general, they'll be too busy with all the rice rolling around your town already to notice a classy OEM lit Legend rolling by :2cool:

4) Just be sure to point them down enough and you can only gain from having them in terms of looks and safety.

95typeII, are you getting in on the buy from Mod-Express? Normally I'd go the Philips route and get a kit from them but the price different is too rich for my blood right now, and the ME deal is simply too good to pass up despite the slightly lesser quality of the ME kit. Besides ME has proven themselves on here and provided many of our memebers with a great deal in their GB's. They have my business

-prominance1-

·
Registered
301 Posts
95typeII, are you getting in on the buy from Mod-Express? Normally I'd go the Philips route and get a kit from them but the price different is too rich for my blood right now, and the ME deal is simply too good to pass up despite the slightly lesser quality of the ME kit. Besides ME has proven themselves on here and provided many of our memebers with a great deal in their GB's. They have my business

-prominance1-
It sounds like a great deal, but Im trying to decide on either finally installing the JDM headlights (thus needing different sized bulbs) or sticking with the USDM 9006's. I might just sell the JDMs. Im stuck in limbo!

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It sounds like a great deal, but Im trying to decide on either finally installing the JDM headlights (thus needing different sized bulbs) or sticking with the USDM 9006's. I might just sell the JDMs. Im stuck in limbo!
Well what are your reservations toward installing the JDM's? If you manage to ponder your decision enough and come to a decision you should pick up a kit, whether it be 9006 or H4 H/L, I mean while its happening anyway.

Keep us updated in the Group Buy thread or here, wherever.

And do any other guys have 4300k's that they want to post up some pictures of? The more the better, its a good way for those on the edge of a color temp. decision to to be certain about what they want.

-prominance1-

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.