Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may be thinking, hmmmmm, why is this guy posting pictures of his Maxima on our Legend forum? Does he have nothing better to do? Does he not realize there is a forum dedicated solely to the Maxima? Well, of course I know there is, and besides, I really have nothing better to do.:p All kidding aside, the Maxima and the Legend are two very similar cars, that IMHO were well ahead of their time (Legend especially). You have the Legend with its 3.2l v-6 producing 230hp with an available 6-speed transmission, and the Maxima with its legendary 3.0l VQ engine that's been on Wards Top Ten Engine list since its arrival back in '95. Both cars have great potential, which sadly, is often over looked (thus having very limited after market support), and thought of as nothing more than any other Japanese "family" car. But both you and I know that is not the case (which is what really matters, right?). I have great respect for the Legend, and feel its name is well deserved, I hope you feel the same about the Maxima, after all, they're not that different. Now, here's the pictures:

Front:

Side:

- Tyler

·
Registered
851 Posts
Very nice, better than the ugly newer Maxima. I like this bodystyle better. But the newer had much more powerful engine. Oh well, nothing is perfect in this world............

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
The engine is still the same from 95-current. They bored and stroked it. Then they just basically built it up. They offer it in a 260hp version somewhere. The new 6-spd and limited slip diff. can be put in it as well. This is my competition agains getting a new CL Type-S 6-spd. I love my Legend, but I miss my Max.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
<-------- Not Impressed

<-------- :( Not Impressed

The name alone tells you Legends will always have the best impression. Maxima? Nope. If it was named Maximus from Gladiator then maybee. In all personally I Ignore Maximas! Yep I can't see that pic right about now in the Legend Gallery.

Thank you.
BTY If it this was in the Off Topic area, then I would see the pic .......... But ......... that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Very clean looking ride man.... I really like the maximas and I almost bought one, same style as yours, but it was lacking something behind the legend that I could not pinpoint. My Girlfriends dad just bought a 2002 6speed maxima, black on grey leather,...... very sweet looking ride. All in all, I think Maxima and Legend are on par with each other for reliability and looks....:)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Supermachoman said:
You have the Legend with its 3.2l v-6 producing 230hp with an available 6-speed transmission, and the Maxima with its legendary 3.0l VQ engine that's been on Wards Top Ten Engine list since its arrival back in '95.
-
The VQ engine was introduced in '92 in the SE. :confused:
Nice ride though. There are 4 Maximas in our family and I have respect for them. They're no Legend though.:cool:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: <-------- Not Impressed

TALRUDEBOY said:
<-------- :( Not Impressed

The name alone tells you Legends will always have the best impression. Maxima? Nope. If it was named Maximus from Gladiator then maybee. In all personally I Ignore Maximas! Yep I can't see that pic right about now in the Legend Gallery.

Thank you.
BTY If it this was in the Off Topic area, then I would see the pic .......... But ......... that is just my opinion.
Oh C'mon, its a nice car....Then again, I just looked at your username:p :p

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
gotta give props were props are due. NIIICCCEEE!!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Re: Pictures of my 1995 Nissan Maxima

Eric F said:

The VQ engine was introduced in '92 in the SE. :confused:
Nice ride though. There are 4 Maximas in our family and I have respect for them. They're no Legend though.:cool:
The VE was introduced in the 92 SE, it had the same 190hp output as the 95-99 VQ engine.

I miss my 93 SE, but I like my legend too.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
This whole car is classy.
Good mods in the front fascia there.

:)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah if couldnt finmd a legend a maxima was gonna be my second choice. that max is hot, probbaly the nicest one ive ever seen. i like that grill!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have to agree with some others here....that is one of, if not the nicest Maxima I have seen. Very clean and sleek. I love the front. Nice snow pic too. How big are the wheels? What kind?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've been drooling over 4th gen Maximas since 95. I finally bought one last month at an auction for $4800 w/ 94k miles! It's an SE 5speed in white w/ black interior. It needs new carpet, but is fine other than that! I'm still driving the Legend on a day to day basis because I honestly like automatics better!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts