Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes

I had a black Honda Accord that the original owner (lady) had a pink pin stripe put down the sides and on the hood of the car. Needless to say I was not going to roll around like this longer than a day. So I used a heat gun and got the end of the pinstripe to come up and slowly kept going with the heat gun. It worked like that on all sides and the hood of the car. I dont think I really had to use the heat gun, but I did anyway. You could see where the pinstripe had been, But I striped the wax and detailed the car the following weekend and it looked fine.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The factory pin stripe is painted. To check, inspect where the stripe curls over the outer door panel onto the inner door surface. If it is not a painted stripe, a heat gun can remove it. However, depending upon the age of the paint, the area under the stripe will be a few shades different from the surrounding paint which has weathered.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes the factory pin stripe is painted on

do not attempt to remove it unless you are planning to repaint your legend.. Results will be very ugly..

on my old mazda, I just used a blowdryer to heat it and then pulled them off.. Then I waxed the area and it was fine..

Unfortunatley, the legend stripes are painted..:mad:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It doesn't seem painted on. But I would be concerned with the paint under the stripes being a different color, or there being left over adhesive. I am waiting until I get a paint job done to remove the pin stripes.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I hate factory pin stripe

I hat all pin stripe s Period!! Full stop!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I removed the pin striped on my coupe, and in some places on mine anyways it was the driver and passenger doors where the pin stripes go over is the only place where there was paint underneath. there was nothing under where the stripes are in the front and back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts