Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anybody seen this head unit up close. I have gotten 2 different stories as to whether or not it will fit in my 93 L Sedan.

Also, I've seen the price anywhere from $1000.00 down to $650.00. Where is the best place to get car audio? I live in Los Angeles, or I could order it on the net.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
hey,

Do a search on yahoo....i seen it for 600. If you like double din headunits, i would go with alpine or kenwood. They have really nice double din headunits...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Or check any maker that is produced here in Japan...they are cheaper and better quality. The Kenwood and Pioneer that are produced for the states are a lower grade of quality, and that's accourding to there reps that visit our shop every week. I can get everything from Eclipse, Denon, Nackamichi, Pioneer Carrozzeria, and Addzest (Clarion Pro Audio), all for a heluva lot cheaper than the states. But you sacrifice the tuner unless you get a world band or have the tuner changed. I have an Eclipse 3301 MD and CD double Din and it was about $375.

See pic, this one is my old one from my other car...you can see my current one on my website.

Let me know if you want me to check on something for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok,

I am about to go nuts over here. I LOVE the Carrozzeria Pioneer head unit!!!! You can get that one for $500?

What I am looking for is a predominately silver head unit.

I don't care about the tuner, I don't listen to the radio anyway!!!

Hmmmmm, if you can, show me some other choices and let me know how I can order one.

Thanks JRock!!!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'll have to help you more when I return from the states on the 15th of June. Can you wait?????? And ordering isn't a problem, you tell me if you want it and I'll get it and send it to you, not sure how much shipping will be but I'm thinking maybe $0-$45 for insured postage.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
So that pioneer is a japanese model?
and the radio set up is different over there- so you won't be able to hear the US radio stations?

I'll be very interested in jumping in on a that purchase.
If possible. If u can't just let me know-

esti

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I'm thinking about it !!!:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, I can wait!!!!!!

Just let me know when you get situated and I'll place my order.

XM radio is a EXCELLENT idea!!!

Thanks everybody!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.