Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got the idea from shaylord for this. I started with a SE sedan. put an entire coupe front clip on it, coupe sideskirts, coupe rear bumper lip, lowered it a bit, and put some better accenting wheels on there. And finally tried to match the colors up with the SE paintjob. i think it turned out pretty classy and interesting...

heres the original

and heres the final product

and this is for THE DETAIL KING 91lsman :D I took the wheel image from your latest gallery thread. I had to match the reflection off the wheels (SO MUCH REFLECTION! LOL) to the surroundings in the photoshopped image. Turned out good too! enjoy!

NOTE: pardon my photoshop skills, they are somewhat lacking and I am working on it and getting better.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
I have been thinking about this for a while now, I have done some research about this as well, and as far as i can tell all the hood, fender, bumper, lights, all attach to the same part #'s between a sedan and a coupe.

http://www.acuraparts247.com/prddis...atcgry5=FRONT+BULKHEAD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

http://www.acuraparts247.com/prddis...atcgry5=FRONT+BULKHEAD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Some part numbers are different, but not the ones the body panels would attach to

When I get my jdm coupe and start my conversion, I will be taking the hood fenders bumper lights from the coupe i am currently driving and attaching them to my crashed sedan, (same colors and everything) that needs all those pieces replaced. i am sure it will not be a total bolt on, some minor fabrication, but I dont think it will be anything to difficult

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hope it does work out man. i'm curious to see this.

skirts will be different sizes for sure tho. so you might have to hit up a GS sedan for some skirts and rear lip. other than that, its trial and error.

· 3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
Sharr if you think you not so good then what about me I never used a photoshop before and have no idea about it can you tell more ..where do I get etc. :confused:

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
91LSMAN said:
I like that one with my rims. LOL :2cool:

I don't think it would be easy to put coupe parts on a sedan. Althought there was a coupe on E-bay once with a Sedan front, I don't think it'll line up without custom work.
I look on acuraparts247.com by sunnyside acura (local pride!) and all the part numbers for the the peices the fender bumper headlights are all the exact same part numbers, i will let you all know how it goes.

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
just about every exterior part on a Legend between coupes and sedans are different.:( you can so some custom work and tansplant the sedans front onto a coupe and vice versa....that coupe that had the sedan face put on it was HOT!

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
just about every exterior part on a Legend between coupes and sedans are different.:( you can so some custom work and tansplant the sedans front onto a coupe and vice versa....that coupe that had the sedan face put on it was HOT!
I have to agree, I like the sedans front end better than the coupe's. But the coupe has a nicer ass!

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
I dont think you guys get what I am trying to say, take the coupe hood, fender, bumper, lights, and put them on a sedan in place of the sedans parts, the parts that they connect to inner fender, for example on sedan and coupe are the same parts # between both, obviously the hoods would have different numbers between them, im talking bout the parts all the exterior parts connect to.

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
Shaylord said:
I dont think you guys get what I am trying to say, take the coupe hood, fender, bumper, lights, and put them on a sedan in place of the sedans parts, the parts that they connect to inner fender, for example on sedan and coupe are the same parts # between both, obviously the hoods would have different numbers between them, im talking bout the parts all the exterior parts connect to.
Bang said:
sedans front onto a coupe and vice versa
:)

it's custom work though either way. but i do think i understand what you're getting at. you're saying they attach to the smae partnumbers. sayng that their mountings should be the same, but nothing is ever that easy on the legend man:giggle: im not saying dont do it...try it...i'd love to see it happen, but be ready for some custom stuff to go down.

EDIT:

LOL, after reading your posts several times over....yea im slow:giggle: you said you're ready for it to be custom stuff...have at it. since you know there's gonna be some custom, get to it!:giggle: it definately can be done:)

· GS Hog
7,345 Posts
The parts might bolt up, but if I recall the picture of the coupe with the sedan front end correctly, they won't line up. Also, the coupe has a steeper slope on the hood than the sedan. These issues may be minimized or eliminated with the fender swap (if the fenders line up).

· Registered
912 Posts
Not really bad or bad at all for photoshop skills, looks good to me. The second pic looks like a mercedes from the side and the one with Pat's rims look like a modernized "SE" sedan, it's amazing how wheels can change the flavor (look) of a car. I am just waiting for a comment from our "SE KING" Bbaorder :D I'd liek to see his comentary :)

Seems you would need to replace a lot to get nice fit and finish to swap the the front end looks from coupe to sedan or sedan to coupe

*Hood
*Bumper cover
*front spoiler
* fenders side lights etc.

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
SBWooder said:
Not really bad or bad at all for photoshop skills, looks good to me. The second pic looks like a mercedes from the side and the one with Pat's rims look like a modernized "SE" sedan, it's amazing how wheels can change the flavor (look) of a car. I am just waiting for a comment from our "SE KING" Bbaorder :D I'd liek to see his comentary :)

Seems you would need to replace a lot to get nice fit and finish to swap the the front end looks from coupe to sedan or sedan to coupe

*Hood
*Bumper cover
*front spoiler
* fenders side lights etc.

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory
Yeah, the headlights would need to be changed as well.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
does no1 read, i beleive i put that multiple times lol

· Registered
4,086 Posts
yeah dont cha know...pat was waxing with one hand and typing with the other.. :giggle: :giggle: :bowdown: :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.