Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had a 94 6 Speed Coupe come into the family, and it is getting some work done to it. Among the list of things is springs and struts. I have done Eibach's and Bilsteins to my 88 coupe before..no big deal.

Everyone keeps talking about different "Perches" on their G2's and where they have mounted the Koni's.

Can someone explain this to me?

Does it affect the ride height?

Where are the perches located at?

Is there a performance/ride advantage to the different settings?

Thanks.

FurBall

·
Registered
996 Posts
On the Koni shox for the G2, there are several spring perches (2 on front, 3 on rear). Basically, these are groves in the shock casing where the spring perch will sit. They are about 3/4" apart, so this is how much it will lower/raise your car. For the front, the lower perch is LOW ... with H&R's I found it too low ... with Eibach's it's probably OK. On the rear, anything other than the lowest perch will look like you're doing a nose-dive (too high).

So (IMHO):
koni + H&R --> front: upper, rear: lowest
koni + eibach --> front: lower, rear: lowest

As for performance, with a lower car it will likely handle better, but the ride will be harsher ... remember that when you lower the spring perch, you will decrease the shock travel, so less dampening effect. Also, remember to cut your bump stops in half (or more!) or you'll be hitting them after a few weeks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have Koni/Eibach on the lowest perch and it is LOW in the rear, but it's nice up front. I didn't want the raked look so that's what I did. At first I was like, whew, that's low, maybe I should raise it, but I like it as is. I have a sedan though. Oh and definitely cut the bumpstops or you'll have some issues. The ride is a bit more stiff, but for the most part, it's nice :).

here are pictures if you care to see them:

The rest of the pics are at:

http://members.aol.com/sushilicious/drop/car7.jpg

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
SushiLicious said:
I have Koni/Eibach on the lowest perch and it is LOW in the rear, but it's nice up front. I didn't want the raked look so that's what I did. At first I was like, whew, that's low, maybe I should raise it, but I like it as is. I have a sedan though. Oh and definitely cut the bumpstops or you'll have some issues. The ride is a bit more stiff, but for the most part, it's nice :).

here are pictures if you care to see them:

The rest of the pics are at:

http://members.aol.com/sushilicious/drop/car7.jpg
Hey, I like ur new rims man. Makes ur Leg look more classy then sporty while keeping a aggresive look.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks C25A1guy. It did take some getting used to since I had the Konig's on there for a year and a half, but I love the new look now :D.

·
Registered
59 Posts
nice ride!!! like the konigs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.