Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is starting to piss me off. I got pulled over the other day and got slammed with a 160$ ticket because my seat belt won't work.. my court date is tomorrow and i need a way to fix it to maybe get the ticket dropped.

the female end of the seat belt is the faulty part. when trying to put the male end in it will not go in at all. with any amount of force. when i attempt to push in the button and the seatbelt at the same time it will go in but when i let go of the button it will not stay there. nothing is jammed inside, and i don't know what to do. Can i take it off and open it up somehow and see.. is this a common problem.. its only the driver seat belt.. all other ones work.

Any help would be great.. i really don't have the $ for this ticket lol

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Sounds like the spring inside is broken. Any junkyards near you? You can use any Honda/Acura female end for the moment (might have to jerry rig a little, but not much) but it should suffice for the moment..also unless you have a lawyer, or can earn the judge's favor don't get your hopes up to get the ticket dropped (although you might get lucky)!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would i got about taking the seatbelt off.. the female end that is.. i might just use the one from the passenger seat just for tomorrow and switch it back later.. i just need it fixed for the court date.

how do i take it off there is no screws or anything on the buckle itself.

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
I'm not 100% on the G1's, follow it down to where it attaches to the seat, should be able to detach it there...

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
You know, your seatbelts are covered under a lifetime warranty by Honda....go to a dealership and tell them that its broken and needs to be replaced....they are required to replace it free of charge. Dont let them tell you otherwise...

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
You know, your seatbelts are covered under a lifetime warranty by Honda....go to a dealership and tell them that its broken and needs to be replaced....they are required to replace it free of charge. Dont let them tell you otherwise...
Sweet! Learnt something new today!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The seat belt buckles were part of a recall campaign. My invoice shows a date of 1996.

The part number that shows up on the invoice is: 06850-SE3-305ZA

It's probably a package of parts that replace the release button with revised parts and hardware. Your local dealership should be able to tell if the service has been done on your car by running the VIN.

I'd .pdf the recall notice, but the attachments function of this forum is pretty lame at 100kb. A readable scan is about 600kb.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I've got mine replace; free of charge from the stealership... lemme see if I can the work order invoice to confirm the part # posted by paulo above :thumbsup:

Edit: I've got a different part# :headscrat 04816-SD4-A09ZG... here is my old thread!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Yes, any dealership will replace it absolutely free of charge and don't let them tell you otherwise (or jerk you around about doing it).

That [unfortunately] won't get you out of the ticket though... Your best bet is to have it replaced, then go with the mitigated hearing and explain how it was broken to the point where you could not wear it and either that you were going to Acura to get it replaced or that you had already contacted Acura and made an appointment to get it replaced.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I've got mine replace; free of charge from the stealership... lemme see if I can the work order invoice to confirm the part # posted by paulo above :thumbsup:

Edit: I've got a different part# :headscrat 04816-SD4-A09ZG... here is my old thread!
Perhaps Honda used different P/N in order to track recall vs. warranty claims. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.