Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone post some good pictures of their HID beam pattern.

Don't point the camera at your car - Show us how the ROAD lights up.

Help us poor fools sitting on the fence - Jump over!!

(we saw joses' beam pattern pix - thanks for trying - maybe you could try again??)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Double Legend said:

(we saw joses' beam pattern pix - thanks for trying - maybe you could try again??)
Will do.
I'll try it from stand still this time. :)

Also, the actual "bubble" is not in the middle, it's not even aligned properly.
However, I like it that way since it doesnt shine into people's eyes and still lights up the road like no one's business! :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have 9006 Nokya Arctic White's in my car and I love them. They are PURE white with a hint of blue. Even my cousin's PIAA Xtreme Whites aren't as white. The Nokya's light up the road fairly well too.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
G Rahn said:
The most compelling pic I have seen of HID vs filament was posted by PJsLegend about a year ago comparing his car parked next to ChrisK's. You wouldn't need to see the view from the road to convince you. And I think PJ had some bright Nokia's in his car- The difference was like day and night (pardon the pun :D )
PJ has HIDs now :) Anyway, I have a new set up and once I get the okay to post some pictures I think you'll like them :D

Also, I still haven't developed thge film, but I have some nice pictures of an autolamps HID kit, Xenon Lamps HID kit, an OEM IS300 HID, and an OEM RL HID. Hopefully my picutes captured what we saw well enough to convery the message. Also, my new lights are IMHO 100X better than what I had before. Same kit, just different optics.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
G Rahn said:

I thought you liked your Phillips setup.... Looked good to me.

:cool:
Actually Guy, it is the exact same HID kit that you saw. I just have them in new optics now. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what optics they are, but I'm just reluctant to say again for the time being until I get the okay from my supplier. I'm working on something for him for these lights, so I'm not sure if he is ready to move forward yet. I don't want to tip my hat just yet.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LegendaryAcs said:
I have 9006 Nokya Arctic White's in my car and I love them. They are PURE white with a hint of blue. Even my cousin's PIAA Xtreme Whites aren't as white. The Nokya's light up the road fairly well too.
What is the Wattage? Did to change the harness?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Double Legend
I've had my Nokya's for 3 months now and they are working fine. They are 80w..stock is 55w. I bought them for $25 and just put them in. Try to get them in a Group Buy or on Ebay because they retail for $50.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LegendaryAcs said:
Double Legend
I've had my Nokya's for 3 months now and they are working fine. They are 80w..stock is 55w. I bought them for $25 and just put them in. Try to get them in a Group Buy or on Ebay because they retail for $50.
I smell a burning harness:rolleyes:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=60227#post60227

I have posted some pictures of mine both on the wall and head on shots. I haven't had time to get a nice road shot from the drivers seat yet, but I'll post one as soon as I have one. If you read my description though, I'm sure you you'll get the idea.

I added the road view pictures to the link above that you wanted.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
G Rahn said:

PJ has HIDs now...

After that comparo, no surprise! :)

Anyway, I have a new set up...

I thought you liked your Phillips setup.... Looked good to me.

:cool:
Also, they are not the Phillips kit, but simply using a modified Phillips D2S HID.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts