Acura Legend Forum banner

How do you ratde my daily "ThaAcSwerverStories" so far? (Link below to past stories)

• I think they are funny and are not offensive.

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I do not think they are funny and think they are offensive

Votes: 3 16.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PLEASE READ AND VOTE FOLKS (ThaAcSwerver)

Please post opinions below. I do not intend on offending anyone. It's only "C.O.M.E.D.Y" from a black mans (I.E. Me) prospective. No different then what you see on Comic View on BET daily. (I'm just a 26 year old black man with too much time on my hands and just wanna have fun with fellow Ack Swervers)

These are links to some of my previous "ThaAcSwerver" stories for reference:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6095&highlight=ThaAcSwerver

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6153&highlight=ThaAcSwerver

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6220&highlight=ThaAcSwerver

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6275&highlight=ThaAcSwerver

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6351&highlight=ThaAcSwerver

(if you notice there is a disclamer in the first link.)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I mean I guess one or two of them can be funny but I don't see how seeing a picture daily of a guy getting arrested and you saying "Thats me" is funny...Maybe once, but daily I think will get and is already getting a little annoying...That is my honest opinion..

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think it is very funny and is a good laugh every day for those of us who are bored as hell at work with nothing to do but sit on the internet all day at work. For those who find it offensive or distasteful or anything, it is very simple not to read it. It is in the off-topic section so it is not like it doesn't belong here any more than all of the other off topic comments about drugs or girls, etc.

Anybody who is not interested in what he has to say, simply don't read it. Just like television, where they have channels that play nothing but cops shows and high speed chases that kind of thing, you can choose not to watch, same here, don't read it.

I am all for it and say go for it. :)

One more thing I got to add is that there is a huge variety of topics and stories TheAcSwerver can come up with so it is not all the same...I got some and I'm emailing them to him now.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Matt, thanks for your opinion. I am an open minded person who accepts criticism (constructive of course) and other people views (to each his own right?). I understand my humor is not for everyone (I believe you said the same thing in another post). Some people simply just don't understand. But on the other hand, there's the bunch that do. It's kinda like music. Everybody doesn't (like you said) want to hear "gangster or thug" music everyday. But people still indulge in creating it all the time for the people who want that option of listening to it. I don't expect people to read and agree with every story I type. It might touch a nerve of a person or two. But that goes with everything we come in contact with everyday in our life. At least people have the option of not reading it if they know it's going to be offensive. Just like music. If you know NWA or Eminem is putting out an album you don't have to buy it because if you heard one and don't like it don't keep buying them. But the artist keep on producing them for the mass of people who want that option of listening to that type of music at a given time. Your forum area is titled "OffTopic" and then it says to talk about anything. relationships, Usama Bin Ladin, Racing etc. That's where things get "rubberized" (flexable). Some people casually drive their Legends and don't care too much about racing (refer to the poll I posted about street racing) I'm not fully against it nor am I fully for it. But I "understand" some of the views and opinions. Same with Bin Laden. People don't want to hear about that daily but CNN has the topic up daily for people who do. Same applies to my stories. So I understand your view, but on the other hand some people do like reading my stories daily. ( They have that option and thats cool). We discussed issues in the past (languge filter, thread jacking) and I understood and conformed to your guldelines and changed my content. Now it's like you are constantly "knocking" my threads and only my threads (why?) Do you have something against me or something? I asked the entire board through my first story to PM me any comments or suggestions. But you chose to reply negativity towards my stories instead of PM'ing me you views and suggestions. (Why?) I would like to speak to you on this matter over the phone. Hopefully we can make amends on this. Reply with a "Yes" or "No" and we can make arrangements. "I will call you." So it would be on me. Otherwise I enjoy your forum and thanks again for your responses. -ThaAcSwerver

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
Hey Matt, thanks for your opinion. I am an open minded person who accepts criticism (constructive of course) and other people views (to each his own right?). I understand my humor is not for everyone (I believe you said the same thing in another post). Some people simply just don't understand. But on the other hand, there's the bunch that do. It's kinda like music. Everybody doesn't (like you said) want to hear "gangster or thug" music everyday. But people still indulge in creating it all the time for the people who want that option of listening to it. I don't expect people to read and agree with every story I type. It might touch a nerve of a person or two. But that goes with everything we come in contact with everyday in our life. At least people have the option of not reading it if they know it's going to be offensive. Just like music. If you know NWA or Eminem is putting out an album you don't have to buy it because if you heard one and don't like it don't keep buying them. But the artist keep on producing them for the mass of people who want that option of listening to that type of music at a given time. Your forum area is titled "OffTopic" and then it says to talk about anything. relationships, Usama Bin Ladin, Racing etc. That's where things get "rubberized" (flexable). Some people casually drive their Legends and don't care too much about racing (refer to the poll I posted about street racing) I'm not fully against it nor am I fully for it. But I "understand" some of the views and opinions. Same with Bin Laden. People don't want to hear about that daily but CNN has the topic up daily for people who do. Same applies to my stories. So I understand your view, but on the other hand some people do like reading my stories daily. ( They have that option and thats cool). We discussed issues in the past (languge filter, thread jacking) and I understood and conformed to your guldelines and changed my content. Now it's like you are constantly "knocking" my threads and only my threads (why?) Do you have something against me or something? I asked the entire board through my first story to PM me any comments or suggestions. But you chose to reply negativity towards my stories instead of PM'ing me you views and suggestions. (Why?) I would like to speak to you on this matter over the phone. Hopefully we can make amends on this. Reply with a "Yes" or "No" and we can make arrangements. "I will call you." So it would be on me. Otherwise I enjoy your forum and thanks again for your responses. -ThaAcSwerver
Ya, thats cool...I can respect that..You aren't breaking any rules..I'm not even(or havn't been yet) offended by any of the stories, they just seem repetitive to me...

Constantly knocking your threads? I didn't reply to one of those threads..Replying negatively?

I do want to talk with you a bit about this, IM me on AOL...My screenname is Valdostawhelan Thanks man!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
yo...keep em comin ' baby, keep em comin. appreciate the sense of humor.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THE MEETING

Thanks for all the comments and opinions folks. Well if you been keeping up with the threads you know that Matt and I had planned on discussing the matter either in person or IM. Unfortunately Matt got tied up with technical difficulties :( . But he notified me he was sending over his representatives in his place to resolve the matter personally. I waited for about 10 maybe 15 minutes when I heard a knock (read: bam) on the door. I looked through the peephole

and there they were

so they came in (through the window) and we had a quite pleasant converation over coffee. He made -I mean had (ouch) me sign some papers agreeing to some guildlines. Oh by the way Matt. Tell your friend that Pops tripping. He wants to know if I can get my Ack back. Tell him it's like both of ours. I'll just keep it at down at my house.

(P.S. -Matt thanks for the tips. Keep up the good work)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Re: THE MEETING

ThaAcSwerver said:
Thanks for all the comments and opinions folks. Well if you been keeping up with the threads you know that Matt and I had planned on discussing the matter either in person or IM. Unfortunately Matt got tied up with technical difficulties :( . But he notified me he was sending over his representatives in his place to resolve the matter personally. I waited for about 10 maybe 15 minutes when I heard a knock (read: bam) on the door. I looked through the peephole

and there they were

so they came in (through the window) and we had a quite pleasant converation over coffee. He made -I mean had (ouch) me sign some papers agreeing to some guildlines. Oh by the way Matt. Tell your friend that Pops tripping. He wants to know if I can get my Ack back. Tell him it's like both of ours. I'll just keep it at down at my house.

lol @
Deebo...that line is a classic in the making

Glad we are at peace

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: THE MEETING

ThaAcSwerver said:

and there they were

Ok, I'm assuming that you are happy w/me...?? Anyways, people ThaAcSwerver and I chatted for a while about this and resolved some issues. FYI, I didn't tell him to stop doing it b/c this is off-topic and you can post anything within the guidlines. The main things that I told him would be beneficial for all were

1. if the title each time wasn't "The AcSwerver" and then have a date you have to look for to know if you've seen it yet. I feel that that is kind of a distraction and with normal titles for each like "I got arrested" would attract more viewers instead of pretty much the same title for each thread.

2. I also think if his threads of this nature were done maybe every 3 days or so, that would be more beneficial. Good and interesting threads take a few days to develop. So people can keep replying to the current one and maybe making their own little jokes or telling their little stories. When you do it every day, people may stop posting on the old one, so most of the time, the replies you get are, "Good one, you are funny" and threads are easily singled out....
3. Seems like there was maybe 1 or 2 issues that I thought we could change up to benefit from but I can't think of them now...
Cya later.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: Re: Re: THE MEETING

ThaAcSwerver said:

No beef here dude......
Ok, cool...You kinda made it out that I never contacted you...Can't tell when you are joking or not...Cool...Glad all is well...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.