Acura Legend Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Legendtoo said:
Well... I do know that there must be some legitimacy to the deal because they called me and offered a sponsorship to me. The paperwork is being sent to me and I'll let you know what it entails. I do know that it's a "50-50" sponsorship where you have to pay half. The $79 was supposed to cover the shipping and they were not supposed to charge your card unless you were accepted.

Sponsorships are very hard to come buy these days, especially with an out of production car. Even with one cover story, and 2 other mag features, it's hard for me to land sponsorships, even with a current production car. Companies want to know "what you're going to do for them".
Oh so some people are excluded from the deal.... well thats all right, but could they at least inform us that they r not sponsoring us, an email would be nice, it involves minimal effort, so.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Was this crap? I've never heard anything else about it...

If so, I'm gonna delete it...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Dont wanna knock this but.....

I got a contract after 4 months.....

I can get Eibach springs for 189 + S/H or I can get it from RacerX for 253 + S/H (& thats upto 52 % discount mind you.....yeah right!!)

I dont think this is is as great as what we all thought it would be.

:rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just caught this post right now.

So what's going on? Has anyone received a sponsorship yet? Any sure No's or Yeses?

Curious

·
2,866 Posts
Soo... what's the update?

I read the entire post. Hear the sponsers pay for 25%, 50%, or 75%.

Well, if you research hard enough.. you can get parts for 25%, 50% or 75% if you negotiate, or find the distributor for the lowest price. They also throw in FREE shipping also.

That's how I got my two sets of TE37s for so low from retail. I got a set of TE37 in 17s:

Retailed at $565/rim +$200 shipping
Negotiated down to $375/rim + FREE shipping
SAVED: $960

I did the same thing to my other set, 16" TE37.

There also some stuff that are harder to get lower prices on, but you can easily get free shipping.

So I was just thinking.... when the sponser says they pay 25%, 50% or 75%... I don't think they are paying a single penny, since some products still can be bought for that low price regularly, and still maintain profit.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I ALREADY JOIN, HOPE I GET SPONSOR. I'VE BEEN READING A LOT OF STUFF BUT I RARELY SAY ANYTHING.

·
Registered
868 Posts
man they took money out of my bank account and didn't let me know if they are sponsoring me or not. this sounds like a fruad i swear!!!!!:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
if you paid with a credit card....then i suggest you dispute it with your bank. The bank will give you your money back, then just get the money from them and then penalize them with a fee.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
It works.
Can we put this to rest?
If you have questions, call the number
I have posted it throughout this thread
If they took your money, you are sponsored. If you weren't interested, you should not put ur info in. This is guaranteed under LLCC. Next time maybe I shouldnt bother

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Leon Millette said:
It works.
Can we put this to rest?
If you have questions, call the number
I have posted it throughout this thread
If they took your money, you are sponsored. If you weren't interested, you should not put ur info in. This is guaranteed under LLCC. Next time maybe I shouldnt bother
Hang in there Leon. I think most of the people just don't realize whay being sponsored mean. You guys need to remember that practically no Legend owner on this forum will be getting the big sponsorship deals like you read about in the ar magazines for those cover cars. Those guys have already proven themselves to the industry that they can win shows on their own. This makes them worthwhile to a sponsor. A sponsorship like this is to just help you achieve what you already where planning on doing with your own money, only for cheaper. If you were planning on creating a show car and entering car shows, a sponsorship like this will just make it cheaper to do so. If you had no plans on entering car shows and were not planning on buying much aftermerket products for your Legend, then a sponsorship is not for you and not a good idea. A sponsorship is intended to get the sponsors name out in car shows period. It is not intended as a way for people to simply hook up their cars.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
JTJohnny102 said:
Ekk, theres almost 15 some pages of this thread, so ill just ask everyone instead of reading every post. Hows the sponsorship coming, im thinking about signing up, just want to hear opinions
People are supposedly sponsored, but we hear nothing about them buying mods with their sponsor. Hmmm.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts