Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
A few days after 9/11 there was "God Bless America" on a school bulletin board. Some parent who had a child who went there yanked them out of the school and sued the district. Do you believe that crap?! The school refused to take it down and eventually won in court and were allowed to keep it up if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Politically Correct BS

Sounds like BS to me you guys..... Not that I think you are lying but the whole politically correct and proper and "be fair and represent everything and everybody" thing goes too far sometimes.

We had something similar here about 1/2 a year ago to do with our national anthem.

".....True patrot love, in all thy sons comand......"

Some bi tch member of parliment felt that it was sexist because it said "sons command" instead of something more representative of the female side of Canada. Maybe she had not gotten laid lately and was PMSing at work or something...... but it was funny though because people were laughing at her all over the cuntry.... I mean country.....
:D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was glad to see our members of Congress feel the same way we do. They agree this is some assanine ish, for real. Like one Congressman said, "the judges taht approve these laws, they don't give back their money that says 'in God We Trust'".

I hope they don't attack our money as they mentioned.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
U kno what, I'm watching Good Day right now and they are talking to the guy that started up the whole thing. This guy is a moron. In the pledge, when we say "under god", we never said anything like "under the christian god" or anything. This guy says he's athiest. That means one doesn't have a religion, but one does believe in a higher being. It seems like he filed the law suit for his kid, but he's saying that it's for himself. That doesn't make any sence to me at all. Why is he filing a law suit because his KID is saything the word GOD in school. This guy needs to lighten up. I mean, hey, what if his little kid wants to become christian. Is he going to force his beliefe of athiesism on his kid? Sure, that is something in the private, but from what he's saying, it's essentially the same thing.

one

·
Registered
685 Posts
the whole issue pissed me off, I do appreciate our presidents statement about it tho, he called the ruling ridiculous (sp) hehe even the prez is pissed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nowhere in the Constitution of the United States is the term "Seperation of Church and State written."

Thomas Jefferson used this term when explaning how a democracy cannont work the same way a theocracy does.

The U.S was founded on many religious moral principals, however the bill of rights allows us freedom of religion.

my $0.2 Most of the U.S laws and policies are based on morals that are pretty much universal in every religion, Laws that promote the well being of humanity, and are meant to uplift the human spirit. (Some would say Islam does not, but it really does. Its just a shame that fundamentalist A holes have taken over parts of the world that practice it)

I am not religious at all, but I have never had a problem saying "under god." I don't wanna hear any of this "you are doing what they tell you? even though you don't believe it?" BS.
If you don't wanna say it, don't say it.

Like the Pres said. "it was our forfathers who believed that it was the will of god that created this country." Im down with that, If thats what drove them to create the great country that I live in, So be it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well...

quote "Don't worry too much. It's a bay area thing. It'll just pass by and nobody will care about it too much later. That's how it is, scandless shat goes on up there, no body cars, cuz it the bay area."

It may not just pass by. The decision was made by the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 9th circuit. Although the court of appeals for the 9th is located in San Fran, the rulling affects all these states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Montanna, Nevada, Washington, Oregon and HAWAI`I, which are all part of the 9th circuit. The only court higher then the 9th Cir. is the U.S. Supreme Court. Other then that, this new ruling will be take affect in 90 days in all the above states unless there is an appeal to the Supremes.

Its just a loss of common sense these days...

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
C25A1guy said:
I swear, being PC is gonna be the end of us all.
True eneough! Isn't freedom being able to say what you think and feel when you want. All this PC stuff is just restraining us. Now, I don't feel it is right to force something on another or degrade a race, sex, religion, etc. in public. But especially at this time of or nation uniting, it is important for us to remember what this country stands for. I remember, as a child, the pledge said more to me than any class taught.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
WE ALL MUST ANSWER FOR OWR OWN WAYS, IF YOU BELIEVE,.. (IF YOUR A BELIEVER) JUST CONTINUE TO BLESS HIM ON YOUR OWN, PUT YOUR TRUST IN HIM YOUR SELF, .. NO MATTER WHAT THE WORLD SAYS, THEY CAN NEVER TAKE AWAY YOUR BELIEVE.

BY THE WAY------->> ON ALL MY COINS, FOR MANY YEARS I HAVE READ THE WORDS ((E.PLURIBUS UNUM)) WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN????

·
Registered
332 Posts
First of all, I take offense that everyone is calling this a "Bay Area thing." There is just as much outrage about this ruling in the Bay Area as the rest of the country. Furthermore, this law suit was generated by a man in Sacramento.

Here's my opinion....

The words, "under God," were added to the pledge in 1954. They should not have been added because of separation between church and state.

However, they're there now. To tie up our judicial system over this is rediculous. I am a Buddhist, and I don't like religion thrust down my throat, but I'm not gonna complain about it cause its not worth fighting. As an American, I say the pledge with pride; including the words, "under God." Furthermore, I sing God Bless America because I am a patriotic American.

As an American, I'm outraged by the ruling and the fact that Michael Newdow felt the need to fight this. This wasn't a fight worth fighting.

This whole thing has done nothing but damage our nation during a time of war.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
tnelson said:

by the way mrsmith. your red type hurts everyone elses eyes, please discontinue this practice.

peace
Tnelson
tnelson

How do you figure that my red type hurts everyones eyes? And If it was part of the program for me to use, you have no right to tell me to discontinue, how about asking. I will stop using the red, because I dont like it much either, not because of you. Sorry to speak to you like that, but I feel that if one has a problem, be a man/woman and speak for your self and not use another for a cruch. Why not say MrSmith, your red type is hurting my eyes, would you mind discontinuing? You know what, I would repect that and stop FOR YOU. but not when you think you can just demand me. Hell 2 tha NO!!!!:mad:

tnelson, Keep in mind, I have no disrespect for you, I dont know you,but would like to keep a good and respectable Acura ship with you. can there be peace between us??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts