Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RBL BG Goodrich Traction T/A

Are these tires ok for my car .Its a 91 Legend with 175K miles on it. I am getting these from sams club. i might need to drive my car in MN in snow,ice etc.

Pls suggest ..These look preety economical.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm thinking about getting these for my Legend as well. Check out the ratings for this tire from TireRack.com http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Traction+T%2FA+H&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=06HR5TTA&fromCompare1=yes How much are they at Sam's by you? They are $63/ea. from Tire Rack for the factory size. The only thing that worries me is that the people rating this tire have put relatively few miles on them. Luckily, I live within 1/2 hour of the South Bend, IN location! Every time I drive by there they have really EXPENSIVE cars sitting in front of the building. They also have car shows and small racing events.

·
MAN-WHORE
1,937 Posts
I dont know if they have changed the formula in the Goodrich T/A series but back around the late 90's in my RX-7 racing days I remember me and my friends getting T/A's and finding out that the traction was slippery as soap whenever the road was wet and the RX-7's would simply spin the rears everytime on takeoff in the rain. Since then and till today we stear clear away from them we found that Sumitomos had better traction and moved on too that. Since Ive had the Legend the best tires I have used so far are the Kumhos great quality for the price and Pirelli PZero Nero's (currently) feels like same traction as Kumhos with twice the tread life. I never have trusted T/A or tried them since. I believe they will last you a long time because the rubber they use is very synthetic however since less actuall real rubber is used = slippery when wet feel. Id check the wet traction rating on tirerack.com if I was you before purchasing.

·
Faster than yo Legend son
1,041 Posts
:) Michelin the best tire you can get.. I love those they hold excellent on the wet rodes.. mvx4 energy's they just wear fast I have some Michelin Vivacy on mine now. once they get warmed up the hold very well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
khumo

Khumo 716

i orderedd those tires just for snow....
from tirerack for $44 each and 205 for all.. In reviews those are the best for the price from tirerack..
[email protected]
Mandidy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.