Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the swirls on my Legend were making me nuts. I was off today and was prepared to polish.

My Process:

Sunday:
Remove Front License Plate
Remove Fog Light Covers
Wash

Monday:
Clay a few areas
Poorboys SSR2.5
Poorboys EX x2
Poorboys Natty's

Each coat of EX sat on my Legend for about 30min before I buffed it off. When I was able to take pics it was starting to get dark, and I've been trying to take nicer night pics, so I turned on the Christmas lights and gave it a shot-there not perfect, but I'm getting better after buying a tripod. Anyhoo-here are the pics:

One way or another the front license plate will go back on tomorrow evening. I hate the OEM bracket that covers part of the bumper, so my dad is making a set of brackets that will hang the plate below the bumper. I have the brackets now, but the holes are in the wrong spots, so he is re-drilling them tomorrow-hopefully that will work, if not I'll go back to the OEM bracket for now.

Thanks for Looking.

G

·
wow that looks really... wait, those pics look exactly like some you took last year... with the christmas lights.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cole Austin said:
wow that looks really... wait, those pics look exactly like some you took last year... with the christmas lights.
Thanks Everyone-No they are not the same pics-LOL. They are similiar, but they are not the same pics. The easiest way to tell is that last year some of the pics were in the road, I had my old license plate, and different foglight bulbs.

You're getting better at the night pics; they came out better with the tripod.
Thank You. :D

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Cole Austin said:
lmao :giggle:

Damn,

It seems like you just posted some x-mas pix of the coupe. Boy does time fly :( I too am trying to get better at taking night photos. That's all I was doing during the Thanksgiving break we just had. I think I'ma get a new camera down the road. The one I have isn't working for me anymore.

I'm detailing my baby tomorrow, so I'll have some pix up and we'll see who has the deepest shine :D

·
Road Trip King
4,675 Posts
Blue_Raspberry said:
I'll have some pix up and we'll see who has the deepest shine :D
lmao; Weren't we gonna do a "detail competition" back in the day? I'm still down -- wait, maybe after the winter. You've all seen how my car looks thanks to the snowy roads! :giggle: If I could think of good places to do night pics, I'd try some... just not feeling any inspirational backdrops right now. Nice pics again Pat!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
4cruizn said:
lmao; Weren't we gonna do a "detail competition" back in the day? I'm still down -- wait, maybe after the winter. You've all seen how my car looks thanks to the snowy roads! :giggle: If I could think of good places to do night pics, I'd try some... just not feeling any inspirational backdrops right now. Nice pics again Pat!
Yeah you'll seriously have to wait to get some detailing pix up. What I saw in that thread was just....... :vomit:

I'm still down too. Pat, you in on this???

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
I'm still down too. Pat, you in on this???
Yeah, but winter is probably not the best time to do it. A bunch of members have their Legends in "Winter Shoes" now. LOL One of these days.

Thanks guys. When the weather is dry on a Sunday night, I'm going back to that office building to try that backdrop again now that I have a tripod and know how to use my camera-LOL. :D

Thanks again for the comments. :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Nice pics!

I haven't had my front plate on for more than a year. no problems yet.
even went across the border last week where they take pictures of front and back of the car - nobody said a thing.

If i ever put the front plate back, however, i will put some sort of padding on the frame so that the top doesn't scratch the bumper.

-Alik

·
Registered
282 Posts
shahavchik said:
Nice pics!

I haven't had my front plate on for more than a year. no problems yet.
even went across the border last week where they take pictures of front and back of the car - nobody said a thing.

If i ever put the front plate back, however, i will put some sort of padding on the frame so that the top doesn't scratch the bumper.

-Alik
FYI, I got pulled for no front plate in Federal Way. The way I look at it, don't give 'em a reason.

BTW, nice pics Pat!

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys!! I appreciate all the comments.

The new license plate brackets are done!!! They fit perfectly now!! They are made from a thick aluminum and are very strong. I just hope that nothing vibrates loose or what not because these brackets are heavier than the oem bracket. I'll just have to keep and eye on it. Here is a pic in the garage:

Thanks again for the compliments.

1. you live in Puyallup, WA
2. you house # is 14
3. find your street
4. steal your car
FYI: I live with my parents, my father is armed. ;) :D (I know how to shoot also-hahaha)

Thanks again everyone!!

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ballistic said:
91lsman... did you alter your bumber under the clear corners? I know thats a 93-95 bumber... but something looks different.
You mean 94-95 front bumper. The coupe bumpers were the same from 91-93 and 94-95. The only difference is that my foglight covers are painted, where on other 94-95 bumpers (stock) they are black. It gives a different depth to the front end. The only bad thing is that they are not meant to be painted, so when I pry them out to detail I always chip the edge and have to touch them up. It's not too big of a deal because you can't tell unless you get down and really look for it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.