Acura Legend Forum banner

Polished The Legend Again--Trying To Get Better At Taking Night Pics.........

3K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  91LSMAN 
#1 ·
Well, the swirls on my Legend were making me nuts. I was off today and was prepared to polish.

My Process:

Sunday:
Remove Front License Plate
Remove Fog Light Covers
Wash

Monday:
Clay a few areas
Poorboys SSR2.5
Poorboys EX x2
Poorboys Natty's

Each coat of EX sat on my Legend for about 30min before I buffed it off. When I was able to take pics it was starting to get dark, and I've been trying to take nicer night pics, so I turned on the Christmas lights and gave it a shot-there not perfect, but I'm getting better after buying a tripod. Anyhoo-here are the pics:

One way or another the front license plate will go back on tomorrow evening. I hate the OEM bracket that covers part of the bumper, so my dad is making a set of brackets that will hang the plate below the bumper. I have the brackets now, but the holes are in the wrong spots, so he is re-drilling them tomorrow-hopefully that will work, if not I'll go back to the OEM bracket for now.

Thanks for Looking.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Cole Austin said:
wow that looks really... wait, those pics look exactly like some you took last year... with the christmas lights.
Thanks Everyone-No they are not the same pics-LOL. They are similiar, but they are not the same pics. The easiest way to tell is that last year some of the pics were in the road, I had my old license plate, and different foglight bulbs.

You're getting better at the night pics; they came out better with the tripod.
Thank You. :D

Thanks again everyone.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
I'm still down too. Pat, you in on this???
Yeah, but winter is probably not the best time to do it. A bunch of members have their Legends in "Winter Shoes" now. LOL One of these days.

Thanks guys. When the weather is dry on a Sunday night, I'm going back to that office building to try that backdrop again now that I have a tripod and know how to use my camera-LOL. :D

Thanks again for the comments. :)

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys!! I appreciate all the comments.

The new license plate brackets are done!!! They fit perfectly now!! They are made from a thick aluminum and are very strong. I just hope that nothing vibrates loose or what not because these brackets are heavier than the oem bracket. I'll just have to keep and eye on it. Here is a pic in the garage:

Thanks again for the compliments.

1. you live in Puyallup, WA
2. you house # is 14
3. find your street
4. steal your car
FYI: I live with my parents, my father is armed. ;) :D (I know how to shoot also-hahaha)

Thanks again everyone!!

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Ballistic said:
91lsman... did you alter your bumber under the clear corners? I know thats a 93-95 bumber... but something looks different.
You mean 94-95 front bumper. The coupe bumpers were the same from 91-93 and 94-95. The only difference is that my foglight covers are painted, where on other 94-95 bumpers (stock) they are black. It gives a different depth to the front end. The only bad thing is that they are not meant to be painted, so when I pry them out to detail I always chip the edge and have to touch them up. It's not too big of a deal because you can't tell unless you get down and really look for it.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Ballistic said:
i wasnt taking about the painted valence (sp?) I meant where the fog lights are suppose to go.
I know-LOL.

You have 2 sedans. I have a coupe. The bumpers are different. You don't have the same fog light covers that I do. There is a difference-my mom had a 94 sedan at one time. Go look at your Legends. Coupe bumpers and sedan bumpers are not the same. Yes, the 94-95 sedan bumpers are different from 91-93, but they are still not the same as the coupe bumper.

Different Bumpers:

91-93 Sedan

94-95 Sedan

91-93 Coupe

94-95 Coupe

Discussion starter · #27 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
Just out of curisiosity, what kind of camera did you use to take the night shots? My camera looks awful with night shots, unless I put it on a Tripod.
It's an Olympus D-380. It sucks at night without a tripod as well. I also just found out that I could change the exposure. :)

hotstartup said:
dude u need to lower as well :D
Thanks for that helpful insight.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
Olympus with you too?!?!?!? I'm using the Stylus D-300. And I definitely need a tripod. My pix would look a hell of lot better. How much do they run? Is there a certain company to get?
I thought I would need a specific tripod and would need to spend more money than I did. I went to Best Buy and spent $30 bucks on mine. I'm very happy with it. I have the Platinum Plus 5800D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.