Acura Legend Forum banner

Would you let your significant other drive your Legend?

• Yes

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Depends on where she's going

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Only when I'm in the car with her

Votes: 9 23.1%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, would you let your significant other drive your Legend?

I've always been really protective about my car (car cover, wax, nobody drives but me). My wife and I have separate cars, but we got into a discussion about trust recently and she wants to be able to drive my Legend. She knows how much I baby my Legend and wanted me to prove that I trust her completely. I normally would not have a problem, but my wife is not the safest of all drivers and she tends to not watch out for things like pot holes, bumps, and curbs (I have a lowered legend with 17" wheels). I trust her completely and I'm gonna let her drive my car, but I get kinda worried every time she does use it. What are some of your thoughts?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I used to let my wife drive my Legend, but when we bought her NEON, I got the bodywork and a paintjob done on my car and she has not drove it since. She keeps trying to get me to switch for a day but I'm not having it. I would let her dive it it was an emergency only.

·
Registered
121 Posts
dlowrey1972 said:
Just out of curiosity, would you let your significant other drive your Legend?

I've always been really protective about my car (car cover, wax, nobody drives but me). My wife and I have separate cars, but we got into a discussion about trust recently and she wants to be able to drive my Legend. She knows how much I baby my Legend and wanted me to prove that I trust her completely. I normally would not have a problem, but my wife is not the safest of all drivers and she tends to not watch out for things like pot holes, bumps, and curbs (I have a lowered legend with 17" wheels). I trust her completely and I'm gonna let her drive my car, but I get kinda worried every time she does use it. What are some of your thoughts?
hell no i dont let no one drive my baby... i even count milage when i go to a shop

thanks
richard

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
well, I have 2 Legends:

91L - which I drive
94GS - she drives.

My wife is a very safe driver, so I would have no problems in letting her drive my Legend!
She likes Legends but she would love to get a 3 series.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yeah I let my Fiance Drive the Sedan But not the Coupe.... I have waited too long to get a coupe and if something happens to it I will be the one behind the wheel....

yeah but sometimes I get nervous about her driving the sedan also because thats my baby, but hey thats what insurance is for....

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
...:D ...HELL NO. Trust? And what happens when she accidentally crashes your shi t? Sorry babe, didn't you see your trust go flying out the window when it broke in the accident!!? I'd never want to see the b;tch again. . . 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
The luxury of the 6speed is that not a lot of women know or show the willingness to learn how to drive manual tranny cars (in GENERAL, I know it's bad to generalize, but let's all be realistic here).

So I doubt she'd be able to DRIVE it.

I'm changing my clutch now, so if she wanted to LEARN how to drive on my car, I'd be like, go get a Civic, we'll learn on that. This is *MY* car, I'm a safe driver, I dont need people crashing my ish.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see from the responses, I have 3 possible options so far:

1. Don't let her drive my baby and get into an argument with her.

2. Buy her a Legend too (but I don't have $$$)

3. Fix up her car and make it more desirable to drive than my baby. (more $$$ there, but cheaper)

*sigh*

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
dlowrey1972 said:
I see from the responses, I have 3 possible options so far:

1. Don't let her drive my baby and get into an argument with her.

2. Buy her a Legend too (but I don't have $$$)

3. Fix up her car and make it more desirable to drive than my baby. (more $$$ there, but cheaper)

*sigh*
Umm,
It's NYC.
Insurance is expensive.
Dont chance it.
Get her a Geo Metro.
lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I let my girl drive my car anytime she wants...(which is hardly ever). It's all stock right now so I don't mind. But when I get it dropped with a nice paint job, it'll be a whole different story.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I always have my skirt driving my 6 speed around w/ me init. Me and my buddies were waiting outside hooters waiting for a table when all of a sudden I see a black coupe with girls all singing drive by and I was like, hey look at them trick a s s hoes all bumpin in a Legend - then one of the fellas said, "Hey, aren't your plates KNLNGUS."

Yeap - that was my skirt all gallivantering around in my ride with other man hungry chicas.

So, although I do allow her to drive it - 95% of the time, I'm in it with her driving.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'd let my girl drive my legend if she wanted to, so long as I trust her enough to know she's straight up with me about everything. As much as we baby our cars and spend so much money on them, can't let cars interfere with your relationship. Cars can be replaced, women can too, but still, at some point you want to get married and settle down, so you gotta compromise.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes, I let her drive, but she's the one who don't want to drive it, because she don't want to damage my car. Oh well............. :D

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
a solution ...

after i pick up the new legend this weekend ... my girl and i will be sharing both legends ...

i don't mind driving either one ... the black coupe looks tight with the rims ... and the white coupe will have a new system in it ... :D :D :D

we both gonna be pimpin' this summer ...

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
She can drive anything she wants :) .... drove an 89 ls 5spd for 4 yrs before we got the 92 ls cpe.
(I got to drive the diesel rabbit pup for all those years). Hey, it all depends on how much you appreciate your signifigant other. She lets me drive the cpe sometimes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
OK OK OK

And I thought it was only me!

Thats why I'm Double Legend. One for me and one for her.

Since I have my sweet Chromes - I bought her some nice Rims 3 weeks ago. Two days later one of the Rims already had CURB rash.

When I saw it I was Cool because thats why I've got mine & shes got hers.

She wonders why when I go to Malls I park alllll the way at the end of the parking lot - she seems to look for the biggest/nastiest station wagon.

If hers goes in the shop sometimes I'll rent her a car instead of giving her mine because I worry untill she brings my baby home!

But its all good - we all love our women - we just love our cars also!!!!

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
No way. Not with it lowered. The accord maybe.

A friend of mine let his friend drive his 93 RX7 with front body kit. The guy comes back and it's messed up. $800 down the drain.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts