Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Sorry my first post is such a sad one. (well for me anyway)

My poor car got swiped all along one side by a semi from the rear driver door to just before the light.
It's going to get a salvaged title... It runs absolutely fine but the mirror is toast and the damage, although ugly, doesn't interfere with the driving. Anyway. I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

Anyone know how much I could sell it for or do you think anyone would even be interested in a salvy like this? ahhhhhhhh. so depressed.

it's a 95 GS with about 155k miles on it.

Attachments

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
i wouldnt let the insurance salvage it man, dont blemish its record... make the semi truck drivers company pay for the damages and all the cost and A RENTAL

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Fix it, don't let them total it...just tell em no....same thing happened to me, side-swiped, month ago...ins co wanted to total it, i said no, i fix it, and when they see it fixed i get a check. No salvage title. G'luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow thanks for all the encouragement!

The quotes I got all seemed way too much for me to even think about it.

I wish I could get them to pay for it all but the most they would do is 50% since there was no witness. >< and Stupid me thought I could save some without collision ins. ...never again...

I don't suppose anyone is near me that knows how to do body work. It's really sad how inept I am at fixing cars.

thanks again for all the quick replies!

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Damn that semi raped your Legend the hard way. Someone that lives near Hailshooshy, help this poor fella out.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Call your local junkyards and see if they have the parts you need. Also try certifit, parts there are cheap, here's a link:
http://certifit.com/catalogs/CA_ETX_IL_OH_WA.pdf
your fender is $100 there...no doors there tho...junkyards or find someone parting out their car on Craigslist or here on the forum..get w/95LegendGS here on the forum, said he has the parts you need...g'luck. They told me $2700+ to fix my car...got a used fender and door for $300...now just need to get the dings out and paint....way under $2700...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That would be cool if I could do something like that. Though I have no skill in this area at all. Both of the quotes I got were over 5,000$ for the repair. and strangely both shops said it would probably be upwards of 50% more once they took it apart and really looked at it.

Would it help if I put the quote on here?

Ah good news, I don't think they are going to salvage it. Just sending me a check. yay. Think this is fixable for under 2 grand?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't know if you wanna make the trip up north, but there's a guy parting a sedan in the Southcenter area.

1993 Acura Legend

I checked it out on the weekend. Forget the wheels. Forget the interior. They are crap. But the body parts you need look ok. They also had a white sedan there too that looks like it was being parted.

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
That would be cool if I could do something like that. Though I have no skill in this area at all. Both of the quotes I got were over 5,000$ for the repair. and strangely both shops said it would probably be upwards of 50% more once they took it apart and really looked at it.

Would it help if I put the quote on here?

Ah good news, I don't think they are going to salvage it. Just sending me a check. yay. Think this is fixable for under 2 grand?
Around here you need no skill ;) but by the time you are done, you will have skillz :thumbsup: I've been walked through a few fixes myself by these guys, you came to the right place. Definitely fix the car! :yes:

·
&#1605;&#1579;&#1604; &#1608;&#1575;&#1581;&#1583;
339 Posts

·
Cassis Red Pearl
625 Posts
I love how everyone on this forum jumps at the oppurtunity to help one another out! It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :p

Hailshooshy, as you can see, there're plenty of resources to help you get your baby back on the road inexpensively. ACKY91 worked miracles on his ride, I'd suggest getting with him since he is in your area.

Good luck! Hate to see a Legend bite it, don't let her go down like that!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.