Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Poor mans HID kit

LOL, Actually I bought a set of Gold 65W bulbs for the Hi-Beams and converted my 9005's to 9006 & the clear corners of course ;)

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CODY690 said:
looks crazy man i like it. how much was this poor mans HID kit anyways? thanks alot.
LOL, I just bought the gold 65w hi-beams for $40 at a local shop here and the corners for $80, but I still envy those guys with the one piece setup. Too damn expensive. I not trying to pass mine off as a 1-piece, but the Subject sounded funny. Thanks for the props.;)

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alegend4ever said:
where did you get the 65watt bulbs?? that looks sick! :)
At a local shop here in Albuquerque, but I saw them on autodymanics site I believe for around 45 50 bucks or so.

·
Registered
393 Posts
CakeDaddy said:

but I still envy those guys with the one piece setup. Too damn expensive.
I recently got into an accident where both headlights were destroyed. My insurance company agreed to replace mine with JDM's AND give me a carbon fiber hood. Unfortunately, the company I was dealing with for repairs hoed me out on the headlights and I could not find a carbon fiber hood. :( Maybe I can get into another wreck and try again. :D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
95LSTypeII said:

I recently got into an accident where both headlights were destroyed. My insurance company agreed to replace mine with JDM's AND give me a carbon fiber hood. Unfortunately, the company I was dealing with for repairs hoed me out on the headlights and I could not find a carbon fiber hood. :( Maybe I can get into another wreck and try again. :D
Damn!!!:mad: Hope it all works out. If not do what I did. Cheaper. Like I said, "I envy those with the 1-piece" but, too expensive for. Plus, I'm in the midst of trying to get a 2002 Lac Escalade, but I may have to wait for the year end sale and save $15,000, because that how much they will depreciate, but thats another story. I like the gold hi-beams bulbs. I got this idea from TAKEMOREPILLS I believe. He is a member here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What brand are those... Its hard to find that color... Im wanting something close to that... Specifically I want the look of the yellow Lexus Foglights.... Those are bad a$$~

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry man, I tossed the case that they came in. They gold bulds at 55w I believe. Just be sure no to get anything too high in wattage. Don't pay any more than 45 bucks. I very seldom turn them on. They piss people sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts