Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers rear mirror '91 Legend, no longer holds it's position. It is as if the top of the post no longer engages the spring. Maybe there's a nut to hold it down?
But I first need the mirror off to see in or get into the area.
I thought it just pops off. I have preyed and preyed, but it has not popped.
The mirror has been hit 2 or 3 times recently, cracking the outer surround plastic. I might beable to also glue that if I can get the mirror off. I see the screws that hold that part. However, being cracked, i cannot pry against it.

How can I get the mirror out.
Also, I tried removing the entire housing. I found only 2 screws from inside of door. Got them and wire plug out. But something is still holding the bottom forward part of the triangle. I do not see or feel a third screw. What's the story there?

Finally, any body had to fix or replace a top hold to maintain the spring tension that keeps the mirror in the out position.
What is entailed with that?

thanks for the help.

Anyone have a picture that shows the inside of the mirror housing that could help.

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
just took mine off on saturday for the same reason, the third screw from the inside in located behind the rubber seal on the door on the forward triangular part of the mirror, just push the rubber seal down and you'll see the screw no need to pull it off. then you can pop the mirror out on mine the spring that holds the tension has a metal ring that came off tried to push it back down but didn't work so i just glued it solid.
If you come up with a better idea or get your mirror working properly let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.