Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on a 94 LS Coupe with 75K

Here's the deal.

Whenever I make a hard left turn when I start to straighten out I hear a popping sound come from the back passengers side. Doesn't happen with right turns.

It almost sounds like a rock is being kicked up into the fenderwell, but it's consistent so I know that's not it.

A couple months back the dealer told me that my upper control arms were starting to get a little loose and should be replaced, but said it wasn't something that had to be done anytime soon.

Could this be the control arm finally giving out, or possibly a spring that needs to be replaced??

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
-Black

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I thought CV joint at first, but it sound like it is in the back and I just had my front CV's done last summer.

So I think it's probably something else... I am just not quite sure what.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i dont know how a control arm could make a popping sound especially only on left turns...Unless somehow it's bent and touching something but then u would be able to see the tire out of place if it was bent.....Shocks or springs could be a good lead,
shure it's nothing in or around your trunk? like something loose back there? what u could do is sit in the back, have someone else drive and listen and pinpoint the sound, also on a empty quite spot do the same but do it with your door open and listen from the outside, it's all about pinpointing the sound.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea, I think I will hang my head out the passengers side window and have my wife drive, then maybe I can really tell where it's coming from.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts