Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Everything goes accroding to plan with the American Legend headers im making, I will seriously start to consider making a Supercharger kit.

Of course It will be a Centrifugal SC. I will adapt the Computer fuel managment, injectors, fuel pump etc. of course this will all workin in conjunction with the new headers.

Supercharger sizing and fuel management will be the biggest tasks.
$$range 2-4k

Let me know if there interest.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interested, keep us updated......

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
Just A Question

i just have one question Dv8. WHY. why a centrifugal supercharger, is your car going to be spending all its time at the right side of the tach. you know CSC's (Centrifugal Super-Chargers) make power non-linear with engine speed. they ball it all on the top half of the rpm range. if your going for street racing then okay i see you, but in some cases it actually hurts the low end. But of course you already know this and you'll probably be in the bottle more. NE wayz just wanted to ask. No spite in this ? at all.

i suggest a twin-screw similar to Comptech(Autorotor),Kenn-bell(autorotor), and Whipple(whipple superchargers). They act like a turbo with high pressure and flow capabilities but have Roots-Like response. but its not my money and you can do what you want, more power to you. best of luck, really.

one...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I'm not going to say 100%, but if you develop a SuperCharger, pending it produces a significant boost in power, I'll find a way to get the money for it. I'm thinking it would be a while before you develop anything like that...correct?, hopefully I'll have my better job by then :)

I'm too chicken to put NOS in my Legend, but a SuperCharger, that's different :)

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work. Let me know if you need any brackets fabricated. I can get stuff machined at my fathers machine shop in Seattle (Washington Machine Works). The larger the quantity the better, or at least cheaper to produce because of the setup time. I can market and sell the system through Endless Motorsports as well. I can get things fabricated, powdercoated, chromed, whatever.

I've been thinking of doing the first frankenstein motor swap on a Legend recently. Looking at all these civics with B18C swaps is kinda motivating me to research the dimensions of Cadillacs STS front clip. Imagine a FWD V-8 Legend! That motor already has in the neighborhood of 300hp, and it's a standard GM block which is easy to modify for further power gains. I have a V-8 in my garage I want to test-fit sometime this summer. The physical problems arise in oil-pan clearance, transmission clearance, heater element hosing, and exaust routing/header clearance. And then I have to deal with custom C/V joints off the Cadillac tranny to the Legend wheel-hubs. Then I'll have Painless wiring do a custom wire-harness to link the Caddy sensors to the Legend instrument cluster. The STS motor has a low-intake manifold similar to the LS1 motors found in Corvettes and Camaros, so I'm not too concerned about hood clearance.

It's a lot of work, but I can picture the Cadillac emblems on my trunk now. It'll be a show stopper to say the least. I'm crazy though.

·
#108 of 144 pairs
134 Posts
Seriously interested...

Initially, how many pounds do you think we can run on stock heads/block? It is going to be based on our existing intake manifold or custom replacement? Will hood modifications be necessary?

I have some experience with SC's so PM me if you would like. I am interested to see what kind of tq/hp numbers you project!

-Peace

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Centrifugal because it seems simple enough to install and mount. Less modifictation than anything else out there. Any kind of power boost is better than no boost at all-i dont really care were in the power range it is.
the lower the better but at this point anything is better than nothing. Testing a tuning can be done later. prototypes are always made for this reason. piping would be fed back into the stock T/B id say that the engine would probably be able to boost 12-14 psi max
id probably not go higher than a 6-8 starting. i really want lowend power for the 60 ft times.
the sc will be developed for one purpose only-1/4mile drag/street racing. screw everything else.

What im proposing is the simplest way to bolton boost without modifying under the hood to hell.

Lets get the Headers to take off first then we can get into the specifics of an SC

I will be looking into this probably in late summer to mid fall.

~Hybrid

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
I feel ya

true it is the simplest. Also, any boost is jive better than none. have at it, and come out standing.

one...:)

G

·
I'm interested, but not so much in a supercharger. I would be in for a Turbo. Our cars won't benefit as much from a super as a turbo due to the fact that we need the low end which the turbo supplies. Would this be much harder to have made than a super charger. Thanks, later.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SpeedDemon said:
I'm interested, but not so much in a supercharger. I would be in for a Turbo. Our cars won't benefit as much from a super as a turbo due to the fact that we need the low end which the turbo supplies. Would this be much harder to have made than a super charger. Thanks, later.
youve got it backwards speed demon GENERALLY SC's produce instand power i.e. torque while turbos do mid to high end.

Lowend =SC

mid to high=turbo

~Hybrid

G

·
oh my bad... I was under the assumption that turbo's are used in most imports because more torque can be gained in the low end. But if this is the case with super chargers then I'm very intersted.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Hey DV8. I may be interested as well, depending on time frame. I may have to rebuild my engine within the next 3 months and when I do it's either N/A forever or forced induction ready... When do you think you'll be able to determine if you will be able to go through with this?

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well your kinda right imports rev so high that off the line your already boosting. who needs low end when you can launch under vtec and turbo boost and keep it there with a quick ratio tranny.

however we dont have vtec or that high reving engines+ a heavy car=SC

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Supercharged cars I've driven:
97 ///M3 with RMS Supercharger
93 Buick LeSabre Ultra
90 Ford Thunderbird SC
93 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI
91 Ford Mustang with Paxton

Every one of these cars, when compared to the normal version of the car, were very much different.

Every one of those cars had a quick reving, hard pulling ride. It makes the car so much more fun to drive. I say Roots and RMS have the best chance of fitting in the G2's engine bay. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this project.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I am interested, dont care if I have to spend my college grant money (jk) I want one baaad

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dv8, do you really think that our Legend engins can hold 12-14 psi?

some really built civics run 12PSI with low compression pistons. and they are 300hp. 300ZX at 15PSI is around 350HP. Oh man! think of what our 3.2 would do at 12-14 without low compression pistons!:eek: any guesstamaions?

I will find the money if it was made!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts