Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was walking across campus today and I noticed a Nissan Xterra with square fog lights. I got to looking closer and sure enough they are Bosch and look almost identical to the fogs that fit our 91-93 sedans and coupes.

Does anyone know what the dimensions are on these? Or am I way off? I'm pretty sure I could fab up my own mounting brackets.

I'm just looking for a solution for us guys that have it hard with steep prices and low availability.

Heres a link:

Nissan Xterra Fog Light - Auto Parts Warehouse

Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
looks very similar...I dont know the size of the oem ones though...But walmart has some that look just like the oem ones..just a tad bit smaller for like 20 bucks!!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only pain in the ass at this point it seems is finding the proper trim that goes around the fog lights!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The only pain in the ass at this point it seems is finding the proper trim that goes around the fog lights!!!
yup yup..that is my problem..I have the fog light and I just cut the fog light cover as tight as I can but its still not a look that you would want to sport if you want the clean look...I dont know what else to do...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea I was wondering about that. Is it better to just find some nice universal ones and putting them in another spot? Because I have yet to find the right housing to fit them exactly so they will look good.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yea I was wondering about that. Is it better to just find some nice universal ones and putting them in another spot? Because I have yet to find the right housing to fit them exactly so they will look good.
not with our bumpers..the 94-95 bumpers have more options though..I actually like the rounder fogs better but dont know if Iam willing to change bumpers just for the fog lights...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly, I could get a 94-95 bumper and buy Hella micro de's for the price of those damn OEM fogs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh i see. I was wondering about that. Yea I have already replaced my front bumper I guess I will try and find the OEM versions. Know any place to get them for cheap?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to change the subject but where abouts in Durham do you live? I live in Wake Forest just off 98 and Thompson Mill.

As far as the price I've seen them go anywhere from $100 for decent condition and up to $350 for a mint set.

I believe someone on this forum has connections with someone selling them new. I can't recall where I saw the thread. Try the f/s trade section.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh im in durham off of 98, miniral spings, and destrier. I may right before Wake Forest in Durham's county area. The outskirts of it. I am in Clemson, SC right now for school but that is where home is.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure I know where you are. I'm in Charlotte for school but my dad lives in Wake Forest. Over the summer I'm thinking there needs to be another Carolina Legend meet, you should definitely come.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm all for it. I was actually think of that just now. This would be my first meet since I haven't been on this form very long. I want to see what people have done and learn more about my legend cause I love this car.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I might have to make an interest thread for a Carolina get together in the meet section.

I'm still curious about those xterra fogs though!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New thread in the meet section :)

I'm actually going to ask my friend if I can look at his xterra sometime this week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts