Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i bought a front passenger side speaker grill $18 shipped from superstreet4life and he has not responded since i sent the payment..... and nor have i seen the grill cover i PMed sam o nela about the situation and he neglected to respond. CAN ANY ADMIN HELP ME OUT WITH THIS SITUATION!?!?!?:(

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
HOLY SHIT My bad dude!!! I was at work and couldnt respond to you at that moment and then I totally forgot!!

But I was going to suggest that you try contacting him again and again with your concerns (no phone number??) otherwise start applying a bit more pressure by alerting people to you possibly getting ripped off.....maybe he can explain now...

Again sorry man :sadwavey:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I bought a mode control motor from him and he was pretty cool about it and didn't rip me off is it possible that he just has not been on to see your PM's? vacation maybe. I don't know, hopefully this will work out for the good

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
This is not ebay...unfortunately

I have purchased 2 items from members and both times it has taken 60+ days to get the item after payment.

The first member apologized back and forth and sent me some extra goodies for my pain....

The 2nd member took 45 days to mail the item, then it was mailed to an incomplete address (my bad), but still 45 days to mail it the first time, and now I am still waiting for its arrival tomorrow or Wednesday (I paid on 2/26/08).

This is not ebay, yeah there is an itrade feedback, but both of these members had very good itrade feedback. Because of the good itrade feedback, I felt they would come through, so I just stayed patient and respectful in many, many, many PM's to them. So long as they responded to me with their next excuse :( I felt they would eventually send me my stuff, so I kept it in PM's. If there was no communication, then I would say :wtf: , but has not been the case. I also always paid with PayPal and filed a dispute as protection, until the item was received.

Point being, just don't buy anything you need to fix your car. If you are looking for upgrades, gadgets, and other non-essential parts you can wait for then expect to do just that...wait. :(

Its too bad, but lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
45 days? 60 days?? that is just wrong...

If members here are courteous enough to buy something from me. I'm going to make every damn effort to get the part to them ASAP.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Reading all these bad experiences, makes me fearful:hide: of purchasing something from a member on a private basis. Don't have a sence of security:cop: , like you would from a group buy. It's sad to read all this negativity, cause it definitely makes it diffacult for the truely honest and punctual ones to sell. Just keep thinking KARMA:thumbsup: . Well good luck to everyone that's buying or selling and safe motoring.

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Good feedback is one thing....but read the comments too...some might say "shipping slow but good product" or "ran into problems, but seller solved eventually" keep those things in mind....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Boondock Saint -
How much time have you given Josh (superstreet4life) to respond before posting this? I have been to his house and picked up some parts and I found he's a responsible guy. But, he's a high school kid with a very busy schedule. If necessary I have his complete contact info, and will PM that to an Admin if requested. You don't give the date you paid for the speaker grille, so we can't determine if the delay is "reasonable".
I sell a lot of items on eBay and always ship within 1-2 days of receiving payment. But, for some buyers, they think the item should arrive the next day and the shipping should be free, or close to it. It is those buyers that have unrealistic expectations. Ken

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boondock Saint -
How much time have you given Josh (superstreet4life) to respond before posting this? I have been to his house and picked up some parts and I found he's a responsible guy. But, he's a high school kid with a very busy schedule. If necessary I have his complete contact info, and will PM that to an Admin if requested. You don't give the date you paid for the speaker grille, so we can't determine if the delay is "reasonable".
I sell a lot of items on eBay and always ship within 1-2 days of receiving payment. But, for some buyers, they think the item should arrive the next day and the shipping should be free, or close to it. It is those buyers that have unrealistic expectations. Ken
its been close to 3 weeks since i sent a payment and about a week and a half without a response.... thats not unrealistic

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey man...at least you are getting some support from the members here. I bought something from a moderator here who took my money and ran(guess who?)...and I was flamed for bringing it to the peoples' attention....and this has been going on since since February.

It sucks that people do this....but when the moderators even steal from us, what can you expect? I even did my transaction through pay pal and was still screwed. Do yourself a favor and only do it through ebay. At least then you still have recourse for action against the assholes who steal money from us.

btw - he is still a thief in my book!

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
Hey man...at least you are getting some support from the members here. I bought something from a moderator here who took my money and ran(guess who?)...and I was flamed for bringing it to the peoples' attention....and this has been going on since since February.

It sucks that people do this....but when the moderators even steal from us, what can you expect? I even did my transaction through pay pal and was still screwed. Do yourself a favor and only do it through ebay. At least then you still have recourse for action against the assholes who steal money from us.

btw - he is still a thief in my book!
ouch...and I bet the mod who did this still posts, still moderates and has probably read this message as well.... :rolleyes:

and btw, if you are a premier paypal member, you can fight it.....trust me....I've done it and I've won

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
Hey Boondock, sorry to hear about this man. Keep us updated re. contacting the seller and if that doesn't work there are a couple of Paypal options for you to try and recover the $. Also ymisoqt might have the speaker grill you need too as I know she just replaced hers!

PS: Is that the "G" in black on your trunk lid? Looks good!

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Hey Boondock, sorry to hear about this man. Keep us updated re. contacting the seller and if that doesn't work there are a couple of Paypal options for you to try and recover the $. Also ymisoqt might have the speaker grill you need too as I know she just replaced hers!

PS: Is that the "G" in black on your trunk lid? Looks good!
:( I don't have those anymore. Free shit doesn't last long around here, lol! Sorry I couldn't help. But, I'm going to go check out my area junkyards, probably this weekend. I don't know if they have been scavenged, but I've seen two legends on the side of the highway this week. I'll keep my eye out for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.