Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam new on here just got a 91 legend coupe looking to do a type 2 engine and trans swap but want more power so i find a website called "squire turbo system" they sell universal turbo kits they say it will fit any car cause it mounts under the car check it out thought it was cool tell me what u guys think

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
money vs. power increase/efficiency, i've heard nothing but bad things about muffler style turbo set ups

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
legend = not made for turbo
the legend is already as is really $$$ to maintain..
add a turbo? you got your self a wallet draining machine!

·
difficult to kill
710 Posts
i am by no means an authority on this but yeah those remote turbo systems seem legit a member on here hotlavaflow has a turbo under his legend but still needs a lot of tuning last i looked into it. the type II swap will not disappoint you at all and for the money/work its probably the best upgrade you can do. on top of that anything else would be costly but its all relative to how much you love the car. this site has a lot of good info i spend probably 10 hours a week reading posts on here so stick around and enjoy the community. and post some pictures too =)

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
get a kit from sts & have it done right & you will be both happy & fine. stock internals - maybe boost no more than 7-8psi. totally legit well known high quality company. turbo w/ an automatic & you'll have lots of fun (might be rebuilding your tranny after not too long though!)

·
has left.
4,454 Posts
Turbos are discussed around here constantly, especially by new members. The Legend does not take well to them... there's little room for the turbo and the stock engine management goes apeshit pretty quick.

That's not to say it can't be done... but it certainly can't be done easily. There's a reason there's only 2 or 3 running turbo Legends in the country that we are aware of right now and it's certainly not for lack of members.

Fell free to do you research and give it a shot if you're still motivated... but do be aware that folks considering the task are OFTEN flamed around here and results rarely show up so don't bother talking the talk until you've already built the kit, having it running well and have the dyno numbers to show it worked.

The Type II swap and basic bolt on mods are a good start though... you'll certainly enjoy the difference over the Type I. You might also consider the C35A swap instead of the C32A Type II swap: there's no replacement for displacement (especially not on this car where turbo systems are so few and far between).

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
/\ what he said,

except, i'd say the TypeII motor is better for boost then the 3.5 being a higher revving motor and having a better more robust valve train.

there's atleast 2 guys i've seen around here with a STS setup. one being hotlavaflow and then another guy. unsure if either are running and tuning ATM.

GL

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
oh man.. dont get me started on the engine bay and the space she provides for upgrades.. just finding a spot to hide the HID ballasts gave my a headache and higher blood pressure

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
/\ i wouldn't say alot more. but yes more torque. our bottom ends are pretty similar, the c35 has a balance shaft. but the typeII heads are much better unless you are willing to custom build c35 heads.

its possible to run c35 block and c32 typeII heads. you'll need some custom work but its doable.

you can also run some typeII valve train stuff in the c35 heads.

search aroudn all this info is findable on this forum. we have covered it many-a-time

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From the first time is drove a legend coupe i fell in love it was a 94 type 2 when it switched from first to second (in automatic) the wheels chirped that why i want a type 2 i used to have a 99 acura 3.2 tl and the legend seems to be stronger to me plus i had nothing to problems with that car iam glad i found this site u guys know alot bout legends

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
922 Posts
Take a glance over at the First Gen RL engine and performance section. I've been participating in an ongoing discussion including how I feel (not so great) about the STS system.

I think the thread is called Supercharging a 97 RL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts