Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've finally decided that a drop is not such a bad idea, now that I have rims with a higher offset. I realized after driving Dad's Vette, that a car that is closer to the ground is not as big of a pain in the butt as I thought it would be. That being said I want to make sure, after reading multiple older threads that I'm not forgetting anything. (I'm still not 100% going to lower, but November and December are my "modding" months ;) )

Shocks: Koni

Springs: Eibach

Camber Kit (Front): Which one again? ingalls? (I'm starting to get tired-lol)

And the bump stops will need to be cut in 1/2.

Ok, perches on the shocks: I DO NOT want to slam it, more of a subtle drop. I was thinking lowest perch in the rear and middle up front to give the car a lower, but straight look being that normally the backs of our cars are higher up. What are your thoughts?

Also, I DO NOT want a bouncy ride. I want it to be firm. The shocks can be set firm, correct?

Is there anything I'm forgetting? :)

· Registered
2,336 Posts
U may not need a camber kit. When I had the eibachs with the konis, my camber was fine :confused:

And I have no bump stops. The others were basically in pieces, so I never bought anymore. The dealer said I'd be fine without em. And my car rides and takes bumpe smooth with koni/oem spring setup.

· Registered
2,336 Posts
91LSMAN said:
Ok-no camber kit. Just saved me a couple bucks.

Opinions on perches?
Go with what u said. Or go;

rear - middle perch
front driver - high perch
front passenger - lowest perch

...I rememer eibachs slightly lowered our cars more on the front driver side than the front passenger side.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue_Raspberry said:
Go with what u said. Or go;

rear - middle perch
front driver - high perch
front passenger - lowest perch

...I rememer eibachs slightly lowered our cars more on the front driver side than the front passenger side.
I think I'll go with what I originally said and see what happens.

We'll see.

2,947 Posts
I have mine on high on the back and med in the front. With GS rims I have about a 2 finger gap in the front and a 1 finger in the back ( I have a sub and full sized spare in the trunk).

As for camber, I thought I could get away without one, however, upon getting a alignment it was determined I needed one. (-3 degree out of spec) . If you live in a area with very little potholes then you can do away with bumpstops. However, if you want a smoother ride I'd suggest cutting them in half.

· Blackend Motorsports
4,239 Posts
My Setup:

Koni's and H&R's
Front is on the stock perch (top slot - there are only 2 slots on the fronts)
Rear is on the lowest perch (bottom slot - there are 3 slots on the rear)
My drop is about a 1 to 1.5 finger gap all around with 18's and 40 series tires.
No need for a camber kit and very little rubbing (only under hard cornering)

I think the Ebiach springs don't have as much drop as the H&R's so you should be cool - plus don't you have 17's?

Anyway - these pics were taken this morning with my camera phone so sorry for the poor quality but at least you can get an idea of what mine looks like at these settings.

EDIT: Also, get some Energy Suspension bump stops - Part # 9.8107 you can get them in red (9.8107R) or black (9.8107B) from Autozone, or Jegs. More than likely your stock ones are completely disentegrated (like mine were) and you have to buy the dust cap assembly in order to get the bump stops from any stealership...like $200 bucks was what I was quoted from AofA.

· mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
wow ur get lowered i dont think it could ahve gotton any better and now u go and do this

· legend status
1,680 Posts
Pat, I would suggest going highest perch settings all around. I have 19'' with +52 offset and it looks perfect, gap wise, while still providing a comfortable ride, and I never bottom out. Also, Eibach springs supposidly drop more than konis, and I have a Koni/Koni set-up (had Eibach before, didn't like, someone correct me if i'm wrong about the drop difference tho) so you would be really cutting it close i think, maybe not since you're only 17'' tho, not sure. Check out my pics thread (look under florida pics) if you haven't to see what the ride looks like with that set up. And yeah you shouldn't need the camber correction kit, gl man, it's gonna look nice :bowdown: .

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, being that there are only 2 perches on the front Koni shocks and 3 on the rear, I think I'll go with the top perch on the front and the middle perch on the rear with the Eibach springs.

Thanks for all the tips, pics and information. Still gotta make sure I can get out of my garage after the drop though, gonna take the Vette back there sometime and if that can make it in, so could a dropped Legend.

Any other tips or information is welcome. :2cool:

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Here are some pictures of my car with koni shocks and eibach springs. The ride is really nice. I would put the front on a lower perch though. I beleive mine is at the highest. Not 100% on that though.

front

rear

EDIT: i love the rear perch. Can't beat it.

· dealer-opted track pack
3,469 Posts
The Konis have two (2) perch settings up front and three (3) in the rear.
Your original post is inaccurate.

If you want slammed, then go low all around.
If you want a modest drop, then go high in the front and middle in the rear.
High in the front and low in the rear makes the Legend squat.

On a side note, I am selling my Eibach+Konis very soon.
The parts have just under 10k on them.

As per the camber kit, please refer to my thread:
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64131&highlight=spc

k.h.

P.S.
I am going to laugh if anyone gives me guff about the Koni perch settings.
I own this setup. I installed it. I know what I am talking about.

· dealer-opted track pack
3,469 Posts
Following is a picture of my Legend with Koni/Eibach suspension.
The Konis are set to the low perch all around.

As you can see, the front almost tucks.
The rear has less than a finger gap.
I scrap over all speed bumps unless I go sideways.

I suspect that this setup may be too low for Pat's taste.
Pat, you should probably stick to high up front and middle in the rear.
Besides, the uneven drop of the Legend is less noticeable that way.

k.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.