Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to begin, i have a 1992 legend ls sedan. i am about to put alittl emoney in the car for maintenace i just want to make sure i get everything right.

i am planning on changing:

spark plugs - ngk platinum (NGK-PFR6G11)

fuel filter

oil filter - any suggestions?

i have all the fluids down

any suggestions on where to purchase these items?
ahmotor? acura of augusta? prices? thanks for all your help

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check your PCV valve, its on the drivers side of the engine, on top left side .... pull it out and shake it, if you hear something lose, your pcv valve is good, if not, replace it. Also you might want to check on when the Timing belt was last changed. Its supposed to be every 90k.
Also, have you checked your Rear Tranny mount? If the car is shifting bad, I definately say replace it, I recently did that and the xmission fluid (today) and it shifts sooooo much smoother(i swear its not my car :) )

Order the parts from Acura of Augusta, they have the cheapest Ive seen and awesome service too--

I ordered from my dealer here in omaha, and the parts ran me 154 for the xmission mount, where AofA is $30 cheaper. (I just got sick of hard shifting)

Good luck-
John

·
2,873 Posts
Mike:

I remember I once ordered 8 qts of Honda ATF fluid and somehow their shipping calculator was out or something so I got it delivered overnite for free!

But if you try buying it now then shipping chargest will negate the savings. 1 quart comes out to $4 and change unless the local Honda dealer is charging $5+/quart I would get it from hondaautoparts.com

MC_ said:
For Honda fluids, I pefer:

http://www.hondaautoparts.com/sale.php3

The prices are pretty damn low...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah the shipping sucks....

Thanks for the great info Mike

But the shipping costs r astronomical. I tried getting 12 quarts (@2.89 ea)

Shipping comes to 30$

So total for 12 Quarts is 65$ Dayyyyyyyymnn

Get it locally for 50 bucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.