Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or tried this chip before?

In standard form, the Honda Legend 3.2 V6 produces 145 Kw, however the addition of a Powerchip Gold will increase the power to 161 Kw. In addition to the extra power, the torque is also increased. The Legend 3.2 V6 produces 275 Nm standard, and this is increased to 305 Nm This means more pulling power especially up hills.

Your car uses a soldered chip. Fitting takes about 1 hour and can be performed by a Powerchip Authorised Fitter. The nearest station will be allocated to you at time of ordering based upon your Post Code. The Powerchip is currently in stock, ex Melbourne, and can be delivered by next day courier.

Honda - Legend 3.2 V6
Make Honda
Model Legend 3.2 V6
kW Standard 145 kw
kW Powerchip Bronze/Silver 158 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 161 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 98 165 kw
Nm Standard 275 Nm
Nm Powerchip Bronze/Silver 298 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 305 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 98 316 Nm
Bronze Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $825
Silver Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935
Gold Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $1045
Gold 98 Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $1045

http://australia.powerchipgroup.com/chips/chip.asp?cid=Hon0042

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, something that would definitely interest me !! Any one up for group buy, who ever is it that gets the group buys started?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
can you explain how this will werk? since i got screwed from PPP, i'm lookn for an alternative. i have the ECU with the board that has the swapable chip since i'm sending back the bayou chip. will this chip fit right in the same spot or will i have to send in my other ecu in? any idea on price? i'm down for a group buy or to buy right now.

-j

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J,

I found this vendor on the maxima board. Since my Bayou chip is working fine, I'm not looking for another chip. Converting AUD to USD the gold chip is around $550 USD.

The Max guys maybe able to give a better opinion on this chip.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those G1 guys (Esti) always complain "nothing for us?" I havent seen any of them asking this time..... :D

HONDA - Legend 2.7 V6

In standard form, the Honda Legend 2.7 V6 produces 128 Kw, however the addition of a Powerchip Gold will increase the power to 143 Kw. In addition to the extra power, the torque is also increased. The Legend 2.7 V6 produces 225 Nm standard, and this is increased to 252 Nm This means more pulling power especially up hills.

Your car uses a soldered chip. Fitting takes about 1 hour and can be performed by a Powerchip Authorised Fitter. The nearest station will be allocated to you at time of ordering based upon your Post Code. The Powerchip is currently in stock, ex Melbourne, and can be delivered by next day courier.

Honda - Legend 2.7 V6
Make Honda
Model Legend 2.7 V6
kW Standard 128 kw
kW Powerchip Bronze/Silver 140 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 143 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 98 146 kw
Nm Standard 225 Nm
Nm Powerchip Bronze/Silver 246 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 252 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 98 261 Nm
Bronze Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $715
Silver Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $825
Gold Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935
Gold 98 Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935

In standard form, the Honda Legend 2.5 V6 produces 125 Kw, however the addition of a Powerchip Gold will increase the power to 139 Kw. In addition to the extra power, the torque is also increased. The Legend 2.5 V6 produces 210 Nm standard, and this is increased to 232 Nm This means more pulling power especially up hills.

Click Here to see what our customers think about our Honda Powerchips.

Honda - Legend 2.5 V6
Make Honda
Model Legend 2.5 V6
kW Standard 125 kw
kW Powerchip Bronze/Silver 136 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 139 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 98 142 kw
Nm Standard 210 Nm
Nm Powerchip Bronze/Silver 227 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 232 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 98 240 Nm
Bronze Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $715
Silver Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $825
Gold Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935
Gold 98 Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey MC...

Don't be countin' yur chickens before yur eggs hatched...a post with info for G1 & G2 is always appreciated:D !

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks for the heads up

I'm In melbourne, I'm definately checking these guys out...
First hand!

I should be able to do t this friday, and will let you guys know what my gut reaction is...

cheers

richard

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Power Chip!!!!!!!!!!!

I need more info before I can make a definate decision. Give me the horsepower numbers for a 2.7L V6 G1 in American horsepower numbers and the price for the top of the line chip as well I would like to get this done before we all go to Carlisle in May. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Automated assessment

They will give you a recommendation as to which chip to get if you register at the site and enter your car details, including what mods you have, and your power preference.

Mr Bigs, see also my reply in the first gen forum...

but the Gold chip claims 195.8 hp
note that they overestimate the stock Hp by 10
gold chip weighs in at $935 Aussies ~ so $486 US
add to this shipping, they claim installation takes an hour by certified fitter and costs around $70 Aud - $36 US.

On the basis of my stock intake/exhaust, and power/accel preference they recommended the silver - 187 HP

I'm going to call them and follow this up...

to be continued

richard

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Re: Automated assessment

89LCoupe said:
They will give you a recommendation as to which chip to get if you register at the site and enter your car details, including what mods you have, and your power preference.

Mr Bigs, see also my reply in the first gen forum...

but the Gold chip claims 195.8 hp
note that they overestimate the stock Hp by 10
gold chip weighs in at $935 Aussies ~ so $486 US
add to this shipping, they claim installation takes an hour by certified fitter and costs around $70 Aud - $36 US.

On the basis of my stock intake/exhaust, and power/accel preference they recommended the silver - 187 HP

I'm going to call them and follow this up...

to be continued

richard
Has anything come of this?
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I remeber seeing this up on the old board. Wonder if any one bit?

·
Banned
3,264 Posts
The only variable I can think of is the ECU compatability... Do they have different ecu codes on australian models... afterall it does say HONDA legend.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Dethred said:
The only variable I can think of is the ECU compatability... Do they have different ecu codes on australian models... afterall it does say HONDA legend.
I will find the Ecu codes, but I do know the engine code is C32A3. I can't find out what that 3 is about! Anyone know?
Later!
Lee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts