Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to troubleshoot the power door locks on my '94 GS (6-speed :D).

It doesn't work at all. The switches (driver and passenger) don't do anything, and the central locking system doesn't work with the key (on either door) either. I'm guessing one of two things:

1: Power door lock control unit

2: Door lock actuators.

When all of the doors are locked, the alarm system will still arm with the key. The locks do not try to lock and unlock on they own.

While troubleshooting, I tested the door lock switches at the 18-pin connector at the control unit, but couldn't get a good reading, but then tested the driver's door switch at the switch itself, and found that I got continuity (though in reverse order from what was stated in the manual).

I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light on this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
LegendGS said:
Dammit! Quit working again! :mad:

Any ideas?
I'll loan you my 94' Legend Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. It has a power door lock section that should be able to help you locate your problem.

[email protected]

Fut :cool:

Oh yeah, congrats on the GS 6 Speed. That makes 4 for the Los Angeles Metro area, right? More than any other region, right?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, man. Actually, the service manual has a trouble shooting procedure for the PDL, but I was getting mixed readings on my antiquated voltmeter. :p

I just went to see Jon, and he's going to hook me up with a control unit that he has to see if that works. He thinks he left it in the S2000 though, so he'll have to go back to check it out.

Yeah, it does make it 4 GS 6-speeds in the L.A. area! The GS 6-speeds have headed west. :D

·
GIN NSX
483 Posts
What, where, when, why, and how??? ;) ;) ;)

Any pics?? :D

Although I don't own a GS Sedan and I don't live in Los Angeles Metro area or Orange County... I can say I do own a 6 speed....

So, welcome to the Brotherhood of 6 speed owners!!!!

Mike
6 sokudo

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
eeerrr...you guys are so lucky, stop shipping all the 6 spds to CA. Us east coast or mid west people need some too.

One of these days, I swear I will ship a 6 speed out of CA.:D

·
Registered
847 Posts
:D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
alegend4ever said:
4 spd automatic pride!!! lol
Hey, I'll join you with my 95 LS Coupe automatic :) But then again, I also have my 93 LS Coupe 6-Speed :D hahahahaha. Actually, the 95 has been sold to my brother who will be aquiring it in early June.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MikeC said:
What, where, when, why, and how??? ;) ;) ;)

Any pics?? :D

Although I don't own a GS Sedan and I don't live in Los Angeles Metro area or Orange County... I can say I do own a 6 speed....

So, welcome to the Brotherhood of 6 speed owners!!!!

Mike
6 sokudo
Well, Mike.....

About a week ago, I received a call from this guy by the name of Mike Cruz telling me that he had spotted a GS 6-speed for sale. I gave the guy a call etc, etc...

Now, Mike being the super cool guy he is, rescheduled his appointments to make time to drive up to inspect the car for me. All went well. After several days of phone calls, I finally decided to buy it.

Last Saturday, this guy, we'll call him Mike, very kindly picked me and my g/f up from the rental agency where we returned the rental car that we drove up to the bay area, and took us to meet up with the seller of the car.

After the transaction, we hung out a while before Mike allowed me the use of his driveway to change my spark plugs before the long trip back to L.A..

Mike Cruz is indeed a great guy. This transaction would not have happened if Mike Cruz hadn't been there to help me out. You should really meet him someday, Mike. ;) :D

Thanks for the welcome. :D I'm loving it. I'm also loving the reaction I get when I say I've got a 6-speed Legend sedan. :D :D :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
LegendGS said:

Well, Mike.....

About a week ago, I received a call from this guy by the name of Mike Cruz telling me that he had spotted a GS 6-speed for sale. I gave the guy a call etc, etc...

Now, Mike being the super cool guy he is, rescheduled his appointments to make time to drive up to inspect the car for me. All went well. After several days of phone calls, I finally decided to buy it.

Last Saturday, this guy, we'll call him Mike, very kindly picked me and my g/f up from the rental agency where we returned the rental car that we drove up to the bay area, and took us to meet up with the seller of the car.

After the transaction, we hung out a while before Mike allowed me the use of his driveway to change my spark plugs before the long trip back to L.A..

Mike Cruz is indeed a great guy. This transaction would not have happened if Mike Cruz hadn't been there to help me out. You should really meet him someday, Mike. ;) :D

Thanks for the welcome. :D I'm loving it. I'm also loving the reaction I get when I say I've got a 6-speed Legend sedan. :D :D :D
ROFL, ahahaha:D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
From the HELM: "Power door locks do not work at all": Blown No. 44 (20amp) located in the underhood fuse/relay box; Passenger door key cylinder; poor ground; open in WHT/GRN wire.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting. They must have worked out some kinks in the later years coz mine reads only blown No. 44 fuse, Control Unit input, poor ground, and open circuit (WHT/GRN).

I'm thinking that it's probably the control unit. I'll hopefully confirm this tomorrow when I plug a good one in.

Thanks! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts