Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power inverter gives this weird humming noise through my stereo everytime i turn it on..do ya think its the ground or something?? ah its so annoying so i never run it until i fix it. could it be the power to it? its really lame.. anyone have experience with them?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah, I get that sound too everytime I connect my dvd player to my TV Tuner. I get a real loud hummm; I heard the cigarette lighters pick up alot of "noise". SO Instead, I decided to buy a DVD Player that was 12v and cut the power cable and connected it directly to one of my fuses and grounded the negative cable; Its alot quieter now. But yeah, I think alot of people have that problem. I tossed my inverter out.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there another power source i can tap into? i originally had an 8 gauge wire from the batter but since there is no remote wire itd always draw a little power. right now it is hooked up to the cigarette lighter connected to a switch. does anyone know somewhere up towards the dash i can tap into that would generate less humming since my switch is up there??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.