Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Sorry to burden u guys with all my problems.

My car was broken into recently. Not much damge.

My power locks are acting strange tho. When I use the lock on the drivers side, both locks click continuously.....

They lock, but the system goes into a frenzy & keeps trying to lock the doors. This happens for about two minutes. The clicking stops. While this happens tho, its pretty hard to get the locks to release....

????????????????????

·
Registered
847 Posts
yup, door lock actuator, and you might want to check your door lock cylinder if they broke into your car by popping the lock.

·
Registered
702 Posts
yup yup, actuator, that is sooo damn common on legends...makes ya wonder whether or not there was ever a recall on this????

does anybody know how to check if this was ever recalled because if it was then definitely you would be able to take it into a dealership for free and get it done.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
car companies won't issue recalls unless the problem is a safty hazzard. Door lock actuator won't kill you:D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
vrb747 said:
Hi all

Sorry to burden u guys with all my problems.

My car was broken into recently. Not much damge.

My power locks are acting strange tho. When I use the lock on the drivers side, both locks click continuously.....

They lock, but the system goes into a frenzy & keeps trying to lock the doors. This happens for about two minutes. The clicking stops. While this happens tho, its pretty hard to get the locks to release....

????????????????????
Hey.... that's the reason everyone is here, To get idea's , Answer questions, Advice (relationships and all) etc. Consider us your 2nd family. So "any" problem is welcome here. Just look in the "Off-Topic" area. I'm "still" learning about these cars. Mostly from people like you who have questions. So no burden here Bro.
-Oh yeah.....Welcome to the Fam:D

G

·
Yeah mine does that from time to time if i keep frequently making the doors lock.. Like when i'm cleaning my car.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
mine did it the day I bought my car. I was on a 3 hour trip home on the highway when it started. I thought it was a safety feature at first. "Damn! that's cool! It's checking the doors for me!" But then it kelp doing it. ("WTF?!") :confused: Haven't done it since though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts