Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the power steering on our Legends a little loose? Does anyone know how to make it less loose? Anyway that doesn't cost alot of money?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is just loose, meaning I can turn the wheel with my little finger if I wanted to. When I'm driving and making a turn, it is almost too easy. I want to know if there is a way to tighten up the steering.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
There's isn't really a way that I can think of that would be cheap or easy. I made an emergency maneuver the other day to avoid someone opening their car door, and the power steering couldn't keep up. :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
nah, that's just the way the G1's are. They're really easy to steer. what kind of tires are you running? gimme size and everything when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on Toyo Spectrum 205/60 R 15's. They're pretty nice, farly new too. So there is no way to tighten it? That's too bad. I use to have a '89 Accord LXi (my first car) and it drove like a little go-cart, it was sweet. I miss that feeling.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Personally I feel, the best G1 Feature is the steering wheel feel. Even better than my G2. It perfectly grips up as you accelerate. And at parking speeds, having a lot of control is perfect. To tell you the truth, this is the only feature I missed when I upgraded to a G2.

All people who have driven the G1, would tell me, "This car drives itself", "How can I get mine to do this?". I'm suprised you're not a fan of it as well. In-fact, this feature was killed off in the later years when the G2 came out (and they made it a little more Normal...) because a lot of normal car (American Car) drivers could not get used to such a great steering system.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I havn't driven anything other than Honda's since I started driving. I had an '89 Accord LXi. The car was sweet to drive because the power steering only helped out on the hard stuff, but other than that, she drove like a go-cart. I don't want to change how my Legend is, but I miss the "go-cart" feeling.

·
Registered
583 Posts
There is a speed sensor in the trans housing that allows steering to be very easy when you are at slow speed and as your speed increases, the steering tightens up (ie on the freeway it takes more effort). I don't beleive that there is an adjustment built in. I think it's a replace if broke part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts