Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently (about 2 months ago) I replaced my driver side power window motor. The motor seemed to work fine until a couple days ago i had the window down and some how it automatically started to roll itself back up..i pushed the switch to roll it down but soon as i released it went back up. After it got back up i simply rolled it back down again. Now, it basically opens when it wants too, and even then sometimes tries to roll itself back up(this IF it will even roll down). Am i having signs of the master switch going bad or some other issue? Every other window works as it should.

[Edit]
ok...so, i'm going to try this one more time. Instead of creating a new thread i thought i'd bring this one back. I've been looking around for quite some time for a switch and have yet to find one. I'm also still very confused, and concerned as to whether or not the master window switch is what i really need to fix my problem. I can roll down all of my windows with no problem, but the drivers side only works once in a while.(hardly ever). When it does work, it comes down then shortly after rolls itself back up. I can hear A clicking noise in the door...not sure what it is. I just put in a new motor and regulator a few months ago, so those are practically brand new. Can anyone shed any light on my problem? Will replacing the master window switch most certainly fix my problem? I don't want to be running around looking for a switch when i can easily fix the problem another way.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Sounds like you have a short, it should be between the plug to the motor and the switch main board. Hopefully not the board on the switch as there is no easy fix, take your door apart and verify that all the wires going to the motor don't have any nicks in them. Otherwise, I've got one master switch where the wires on the board for the drivers door actually came loose.

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dammit man..i'd really like to not have to take all that shit apart again...Oh yeah, it also makes this random clicking sound

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Clicking would make me think of the motor but there is no way for the motor to work unless it gets power and the only way to get power is through the wire from the switch! Unfortunately the only way to try to figure it out is to pull the door apart:(

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a problem but mine was it would roll down itself randomly and sometimes it wouldn't go up and I'd just slam the master window console a few times then it goes back up, but then later on it would roll down by itself again. I did that for a week or 2 then the window would not roll back up again so I bought a new master window switch off ebay and the problem was solved.

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody got a master window switch they wanna sell me?

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no help??:(

·
Aguy
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts