Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1990 Acura Legend
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searced a couple of times but cant' quite nail down a DIY on power motor replacement. I checked the shop manuel though.

DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE OUT THE INTIRE WINDOW ASEMBLY? TRACKS MOTOR AND HOUSING?

That just sound like a pain, anyone done this before got any warnings?

I'll be doing it this weekend.

B

·
because i can.
10,154 Posts
Damn...I KNEW I should have grabbed pics when I did it on my parts car :(

Anyhow...follow the intstructions in the Online Manual on how to remove the glass and then the motor and that will walk you through....it is actually pretty easy...the alignment when reinstalling is probably the hardest part...and even thats not TOO daunting...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Before removing any fasteners that appear to be adjustments, take a Sharpie marker and mark their locations on the door. That way, you can get it reassembled in the same position.

IIRC, the only adjustments that become can become upset are the brackets that limit upward travel of the window and the filler panel that the rear view mirror fastens to. You shouldn't have to touch the window tracks to get the regulator/motor out of the door.

Review the shop manual. Thinngs have to be removed in a specific order to get to the motor.

I've not had to deal with the rear windows. I'm talking coupes here.

·
1990 Acura Legend
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motor has locked down

The only problem is that it is stuck about 4 inches from the bottom. I cant raise it to expose the stops and glass mounting screws.

Is there a way to put the motor in a nuetral state? That would solve all the problems.

B

·
Registered
646 Posts
In that case you'll need to take the bolts out that hold the regulator assembly to the door. Then you can lift the whole thing high enough to get to the bolts that hold the glass to the regulator. You might have to remove the track at the back of the door, but it's just one bolt, then you slide it downward and it comes out.

·
1990 Acura Legend
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In that case you'll need to take the bolts out that hold the regulator assembly to the door. Then you can lift the whole thing high enough to get to the bolts that hold the glass to the regulator. You might have to remove the track at the back of the door, but it's just one bolt, then you slide it downward and it comes out.
Ahh....:thumbsup: makes sense. It's my first power window replacement. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.