Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Fosgate 600.4 to Bi Amp my MB Quart PSC 216's and a Fosgate 250.2 Bridged to run my 10" Sub.

I have a 4 ga power wire running from the battery to a distribution block in the trunk. From there, I was going to run an 8 Ga wire to each amp for power, and an 8 Ga ground wire to the frame for both amps.

My question is, is the 8 ga wire big enough for power and ground for these two amps?

Thanks

-FurBall

·
Registered
671 Posts
furball - i don't know too much about those amps, but most likely they will be fine with 8 guage. i do have another suggestion tho... instead of wiring separate grounds, take and run the 8guage grounds from the amps into another distribution block, and run 4 guage from it to a grounding point in the car. in the end, it will be eiser to install because you have 1 ground connection to make and technically, you should always have your ground be the same size as your power wire. good luck,

wally

·
Registered
449 Posts
since u already have 4 guage from the battery to the trunk, 8 guage wires from the dis. block to the amp should be fine. Plus those 2 amps that u have aren't very big either.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
As everyone said, you should be fine. I'm currently running the same power wire setup through a distribution block. It's powering a 6 channel PPI amp and an MTX monoblock at 2 ohms into 2 12" subs. I've had this setup for months without any ill effects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts