Acura Legend Forum banner

powerchip - 195 HP from the 2.7

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mr. Bigs 
#1 ·
This link was originally posted in the performance forum.

Pwerchips for the g1 Legend.

In standard form, the Honda Legend 2.7 V6 produces 128 Kw, however the addition of a Powerchip Gold will increase the power to 143 Kw. In addition to the extra power, the torque is also increased. The Legend 2.7 V6 produces 225 Nm standard, and this is increased to 252 Nm This means more pulling power especially up hills.

Your car uses a soldered chip. Fitting takes about 1 hour and can be performed by a Powerchip Authorised Fitter. The nearest station will be allocated to you at time of ordering based upon your Post Code. The Powerchip is currently in stock, ex Melbourne, and can be delivered by next day courier.

Make Honda
Model Legend 2.7 V6
kW Standard 128 kw
kW Powerchip Bronze/Silver 140 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 143 kw
kW Powerchip Gold 98 146 kw
Nm Standard 225 Nm
Nm Powerchip Bronze/Silver 246 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 252 Nm
Nm Powerchip Gold 98 261 Nm
Bronze Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $715
Silver Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $825
Gold Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935
Gold 98 Powerchip (Inc GST) AUD $935

http://australia.powerchipgroup.com/chips/chip.asp?cid=Hon0041

Has anyone heard of these before, or know how the numbers stack up to other replacement ECU chips?
I'm in melbourne, and can get free intallation etc, so I'm seriously considering doing this to increase power rather than the intake/exhaust option (it's tough to get the Legend specific parts over here).

What do you reckon guys? bang for buck?

thanks

Richard

See less See more
#2 ·
The power chip???????

I live in Maryland and I too am condering the power chip. My concerns are how much is in U.S. dollars for the gold chip ( top of the line chip ) and what are the new performance numbers if you already have an intake and an exhaust on your car? Since I live in the States how do I go about getting more information and how can I get the chip?:)

#4 ·
HP Figures with intake, etc

Mr Bigs,
at the site they have a registration section, go to it and it'll ask you if you are a customer or reseller - chose customer, select Honda as your vehicle make, then legend 2.7 and it will ask for your email address, then a bunch of particulars about the car - tranny, mods, driving requirements, what kind of pwer/econ ratio you want, then the site emails you a stat sheet for your car with more details about the chip, and a recommendation as to which chip is best for your setup. There is also a contact number for Australia. Have a look in the performance forum - someone might have found a US site by now.

anyway . . .

On the basis of my stock intake/exhaust, and power/accel preference they recommended the silver - 187 HP

Note the stock power rating of 128 kw (171hp) overestimates the 161 usually given for the 2.7. Perhaps the output is different in australia ~ I remember reading that the JDM Legends were a little more powerful than the US ones due to not having a cat? not sure about this tho.

I've sent another reg form of in case the site doesn't work from the US with your specs, Mr Bigs. Ill post the results when I get them.

I'd love to squeeze this much power out of the 2.7 without having to do other mods - insurance tends to get pricey when you bolt on shiny things here.

richard

#5 ·
so the website brings up the question of have you looked into the Fueltronics, Chip Torque, or UniChip?

Even if we have to get one from around the world.... just to get a good product with good service, I'd do it, and I'm sure some others would as well.

#6 ·
yea, so after converting the price into american dollars, i no longer find myself interested, haha. i definitely don't have 500 bucks. although i wish i did so that i could see what it would do to my car. maybe we can get a group buy goin? haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.