Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the other day i was looking at a 93 legend coupe and u dont need to slam the door to shut it, just close it lightly and when you hear a click, the door shuts itself automaticly, thats pretty amazing, i have a 91 legend seden and i dont have that option. does anyone know what year and model have it. my brothers mercedes has that option too, i thought its pretty cool. too bad mind doesnt have it.:( to all that have this option i am jealous!!

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
ALL G2 Legend Coupes have it. Yeah it is great until someone slams those heavy doors into the motor. No one other than the owner knows they exist.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I think its all years of coupes only..... but if I am wrong it is at least 93 and up because my 93 does that..... and you have every right to be jealous because it is so cool.:cool:

Now every time a different person comes into my car I firmly tell them to "NOT SLAM THE DOOR". And somehow they seem to do that anyways....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
yeah, I have to tell everyone "it ain't a Buick man" just use one finger to close doors and trunk.....they are amazed, used to GM crap

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
91LSMAN said:
Yes, it is all G2 coupes, my 91 has it. I love it because on my old car I had to almost beat the crap out of the door to get is to close because it was an older car.
Correct, ALL G2 coupes have it. But, its amazing when people get into my car I ask them nicely, "do not slam the door please" they still slam my door. Now, I just threaten to kill them!!! Been working so far! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think Honda shoulda gone a step furthur by using hydraulics that way, they could only close them nice & gently. The harder they slam, the slower it closes due to higher resistance.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You also gotta love the simotaneous "here's your seatbelt sir" feature. :D

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
lol i dont have a coupe, so i guess i wudnt know..............
but whats this seatbelt feature??
The bottom fo the seatbelt is anchored to a an arm that electronicaly swings to the back when the door is opened, thus allowing a clear access to any passengers climbing into the rear seats and even for you the driver (or passenger if on the other side). The seatbelt is totaly out of everyone's way. When the door closes, the arm swings forward bringing the seat belt right beside your hip, easy to grab and buckle in!

G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.