Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pre-detail pictures of the Legend (94 SGM/Type F GS 6MT). It's going in for a full interior/exterior detail session including engine bay in April, when the snow will hopefully be gone for the season! I will be posting post-detail in this thread as well. Please excuse the wax lines :hide: (it's what I get for letting my wife's nephew wash/wax the car since I had no time, he's sincere but not yet thorough enough with his work). Be kind, I know she's not perfect, hence going in for the professional detail (wish Keyser or Smokinfast lived nearby) :hitit:

Exterior:

Customary hood reflection shot: :lol:

HID (Mod Express 4300k) day shot:

HID night shot:

HID on-road light shot:

Interior:

Walmart mats for the winter, 6MT knob to be refinished in dk green:

Can't wait to get the bay cleaned! :thumbsup:

Stock cluster, LED mod coming soon!

·
Road Trip King
4,675 Posts
Lookin' good UNKL SAM! Loving the plate -- and it's especially appropriate since your nephew's the one who details the car for you. :) I'd love to give you a hand with the GS detail -- it won't take much to get a real nice shine out of that! The HID kit looks good, and your shift knob already looks to be in great shape -- why refinish it? Love the car overall. Can't go wrong with a SGM GS 6MT!

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lookin' good UNKL SAM! Loving the plate -- and it's especially appropriate since your nephew's the one who details the car for you. :) I'd love to give you a hand with the GS detail -- it won't take much to get a real nice shine out of that! The HID kit looks good, and your shift knob already looks to be in great shape -- why refinish it? Love the car overall. Can't go wrong with a SGM GS 6MT!
Thanks Tyson, means a lot coming from one whose coupe is as clean as yours dude :bowdown: !! Got the plate cuz I'm born on the 4th of July, but you're right about the nephew detailing it too never thought about that! :lol: Man if you're ever up in my neck of the woods I'd take you up on the detail offer in a heartbeat. Can't really tell in that pic but the finish on the knob is starting to flake off right around the 'R' :( so was thinking of refinishing it with touch-up SGM paint/clear to match the car. Unless I can get my hands on a new one!

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very Nice GS...i likey :yumyum:
Thanks Ross!! Once she's detailed I'll use your OEM nose/bumper mask on freeway trips to keep her looking good!

Nice Pics Sam. Why don't you have a cupholder in your armrest?
Didn't have one when I bought the car. Are they standard on GS's? I'll put one in eventually!

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
manual

OP: car looks great! even in winter mode
Thanks man! Been thinking of whether I should refinish my GS wheels in a dark gunmetal powdercoat chrome finish sometime in the future to complement the Sherwood...?

·
Registered
619 Posts
ok, ty and keyzer... what the hell is up with the giant pixelated avatars?

anyway, sam. looking good as always. i'm loving the new steering wheel covers they have these days. i had one that was all leather with perforated inserts on the old coupe.

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, ty and keyzer... what the hell is up with the giant pixelated avatars?

anyway, sam. looking good as always. i'm loving the new steering wheel covers they have these days. i had one that was all leather with perforated inserts on the old coupe.
:lol: thanks man, that cover is the closest imitation I could find until I have an extra $450 lying around to blow on an RL wood wheel!! BTW I can see their avatars just fine? ^^

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate the compliment sam, but shes looking real good. Just make sure your nephew cleans those wheel wells real real good ;)

But shes lookin real good sam.
Thanks dude. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can install the Hella's! I have some satin black paint for plastic and was thinking about taking off the wheel liners and repainting them this summer before NALM!

·
Rebuilding :(
4,614 Posts
Thanks dude. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can install the Hella's! I have some satin black paint for plastic and was thinking about taking off the wheel liners and repainting them this summer before NALM!
No need to paint the front ones. Just do this, jack up the front and remove the front wheel. Get a good spray cleaner (greased lightening, 409) and spray away. Scrub well and rinse, should look better. The rear wheel wells you can use that, but try looking for some bedliner spray paint (its a textured paint that you can get at autozone or autoparts store.) Makes it look minty back there. :D

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,892 Posts
have you been stopped for having that plate yet???? Looks good NOW GET CLEANING pat would not be happy with the lack of cleanliness

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
have you been stopped for having that plate yet???? Looks good NOW GET CLEANING pat would not be happy with the lack of cleanliness
:giggle: No but I have been let off w/a warning because of that plate! I just took her out because we finally had a sunny day after months! Back in the garage now until it warms up (26' outside right now) and my garage is not heated so cleaning will have to wait till the temp gets bearable again. Besides I have to put in my Hella fogs and install sidemarkers and then do the detailing. I will try and do her justice I promise!! Must also finish my dual projector mod before NALM too. Have everything (extra sedan headlights, Crossfire halogen high beam projectors, full wiring harness + phillips/hella D2S setup) except TSX projectors (waiting for a <$150 deal to pop up). All I need is TIME!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.