Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for 1990 ls that has 171k and is running great for first 5 min- then begins to have a bucking in light throttle applications-

when depressing the pedal very slightly, the motor surges slightly, like some of the injectors arent firing or spark is weak -

Will oxygen sensors help?

PLugs are new- distributor is fine -


thanks much-

dave
 

·
88 sleeper
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
dgenchi said:
Any suggestions for 1990 ls that has 171k and is running great for first 5 min- then begins to have a bucking in light throttle applications-

when depressing the pedal very slightly, the motor surges slightly, like some of the injectors arent firing or spark is weak -

Will oxygen sensors help?

PLugs are new- distributor is fine -

thanks much-

dave
Well since no one has responded yet i guess ill take a crack at it
1st)
there is no such thing as Predetonation...theres detonation & preignition. neither is caused by a rich condition.

it could be a number of things...dirty injectors....fuel pressure....fouled spark plugs, deteriorated plug wires.
cap..rotor....timing as well.
you'll just have to go down the list & eliminate one by one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich-

Guess the old fashioned tuneup has to be re-done and gone over with better plugs and wires-

any suggestion on best plugs to use?

what is the most common aftermarket air filter setup I could install ?

Just dropped the car off to ge the 5 speed rebuilt-

Thanks- Yeah -predetonation is a bogus description- although my 626 turbo introduced me to it -


dave:)
 

·
1990 Legend
Joined
·
214 Posts
dgenchi said:
Rich-

Guess the old fashioned tuneup has to be re-done and gone over with better plugs and wires-

any suggestion on best plugs to use?

what is the most common aftermarket air filter setup I could install ?

Just dropped the car off to ge the 5 speed rebuilt-

Thanks- Yeah -predetonation is a bogus description- although my 626 turbo introduced me to it -

dave:)
Just wondering how much it is costing you to get your 5-speed rebuilt? My tranny has been popping out of second for quite a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Josh S said:


Just wondering how much it is costing you to get your 5-speed rebuilt? My tranny has been popping out of second for quite a while.
ain't that annoying? i bought my coupe like that and paid about $1000 for it($700 for the used tranny and labor)...and it's used tranny! These things are hella hard to find(around here) and correct me if i'm wrong but i think u have to have the same exact year tranny as ur car...the others won't fit...i feel like i got ripped off but i don't know...if someone else has had their's replaced..tell us how mcuh u got ur's done for...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tranny cost

$700 is the going rate -even though I priced them across the country -1990 used 5 speed outof a car with 54k on it- shippig from texas was $75 -

And the rest is labor and a rear main seal -

Un fortunately I payed more than $1000 for my coupe with the bad tranny- but at least the ac works and the engine is strong-

Did you install the tranny your self?

THanks

Dave
www.rightskool.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Re: tranny cost

dgenchi said:
$700 is the going rate -even though I priced them across the country -1990 used 5 speed outof a car with 54k on it- shippig from texas was $75 -

And the rest is labor and a rear main seal -

Un fortunately I payed more than $1000 for my coupe with the bad tranny- but at least the ac works and the engine is strong-

Did you install the tranny your self?

THanks

Dave
www.rightskool.com
no i didn't..i paid for labor :*( and i don't have the know how to..wish i was that much of a grease monkey...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
LegendSpeed said:


) and correct me if i'm wrong but i think u have to have the same exact year tranny as ur car...the others won't fit...
I don't know why, all G1 Legends (c25a and c27a engines) use the L5 transmission. The only difference should be the ecu. You shouldn't need a new ecu or the exact year transmission. I could be wrong, I wish someone would clear things up on this matter.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top