Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have a question answered for me:

1. Are G2 coupe door sills the same size as G2 sedan front door sills?

2. I may need a Georgia legend sedan and coupe to help me out when the time comes. It won't be for anything major, just to get some measurements.

Also, if you are interested post that you are interested and if you have a coupe or sedan.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY PRELIMINARY. I need to see what kind of interest we have and have my above questions answered before I continue on. For Inspire type sills I will need at least 10 people, if not more. Then I will check on alternate finishes and lettering, but we would need a pretty high number of people to buy for each style for the company to make them, so we may just need to settle on one style for everyone to keep prices down.

This thread is just to answer my questions and see who is interested. I have no prices yet, but if it is like the TL buy, sill prices for a set of 4 will run $50-$150.

DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP!!! But since everyone is used to the header crap, I expect you guys to be realistic about this.

RIGHT NOW, THIS IS FOR G2 COUPE AND SEDANS ONLY!!!

LET ME KNOW!!!

Inspire door sill. Ours will probably say ACURA or LEGEND on it:

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'm in

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Count me in for a 91 Sedan. Would it be possible ot have 'Acura' or 'Legend' in place of 'Inspire' on the sills? Either way, I'm in :) As for color/finish I like the chrome/brushed aluminum look in your example picture. Looks sharp :)

G

·
Sounds good if they are more towards the lower end price, especially with our Coupes since we will only want 2 of them. Umm, and I think that it would be way cooler if they said Legend since thats so much more original.

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,575 Posts
they look nice, but my question would be about how do you install the sils? How labor intensive is it... or do you just snap them on? yeah.. as long as they dont say inspire im down too.

D.

·
Registered
702 Posts
oh yeah, i forgot to mention in my previous post...definitely DO NOT want them if they say inspire....LEGEND would be real nice for it to say.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course they won't say inspire, they will say ACURA or LEGEND. Right now, we may have enough people to get sills in aluminum that say ACURA or LEGEND, but that will be the only style we can get, since we have such limited interest. I thought interest would be higher.

Another problem is that if we don't have enough G2 coupes in for this, then they won't make the sills for coupes, only sedans since I am sure we can get more than enough sedans. I am wanting to get at least 10 possible coupes and 10 possible sedans, however I will go as low as 7 each. Once I have that many that are interested in this thread then I will go to the next step. If I don't get that many interested via this thread, then there won't be any point in going on.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dvp said:
they look nice, but my question would be about how do you install the sils? How labor intensive is it... or do you just snap them on? yeah.. as long as they dont say inspire im down too.

D.
They have sticky material on them that is used to install them. All you do is stick them on.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: I'm in!

Ghost said:
I'm in for the Coupe sills. Is indiglo possible? Just a thought.

Ghost
Sorry, no indiglo. Some TL guys wanted a neon effect so the company planned to create the sills but leave holes were the letters would go. That way you could lay a neon strip below the sill and have the neon show through the letters.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: Re: I'm in!

infinite said:

Sorry, no indiglo. Some TL guys wanted a neon effect so the company planned to create the sills but leave holes were the letters would go. That way you could lay a neon strip below the sill and have the neon show through the letters.
OK I'm in. I like the neon idea too. (Coupe)

Ghost

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
U got another GA coupe here, is there any possibility for custom wordings?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.